• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sleep Paralysis

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
    Years
    I used to get them and it scared me silly.

Mine had hallucinations of all sorts.
    First it started with hysterical laughter you'd only hear in horror movies, then lights in dark rooms, then it went from a nightmare straight to a hallucination of a "ghost" per say, and then the feeling of being watched with the continuing of more laughter.

Mine strangely enough used to happen when I slept on my left side, so I started sleeping on my right side. Sure enough it started happening there as well.

Luckily it has been around a month since this has happened. I just hope for my own sakes it never happens again.

I also just realized that it when it's about to happen or at least for me that the ears will ring.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Yes, I have had it.
    I could see someone leaning over me, with blood on their face, and behind them was space, like stars and stuff, but like... broken, if that makes sense. And then I could hear
    "Hush little baby, don't you cry"
    "It'll be okay, sweetheart"
    "Don't fear Death, just roll with it"

Needless to say, when I could move I was crying.

I don't think you can hear things in Sleep Paralysis, but I have an increadibly over-active imagination, so I prolly just imagined the sounds.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Yeah, that's happened to me before. It's just when your body wakes up in the middle of REM sleep. During REM sleep, your brain paralyzes your body so your limbs don't flail around during you dreams and hurt you. Sometimes you wake up and your body doesn't know you awake. Thus, sleep paralysis occurs.​

I know a hell of a lot of useless facts. ._."

Hmmm...I've had dreams in which I was sure I was awake, but couldn't move certain parts of my body. At least...I think they were dreams...that's the closest thing I can think of.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I don't ever remember experiencing sleep paralysis. I'd wake up during a dream, but I wouldn't be paralysed or anything. :3

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    It's happened to me countless times, but more in the respect that I feel like I'm falling and I immediately wake up and grab my bed.

I remember waking up one time and not being able to move my legs. I was like, "um, move please. Move. Move. Move... MOVE! ;;"

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    I've had this for the past 4 years or so >> It doesn't happen all the time, maybe like every few months, but sometimes it happens for a few days, when it first used to happen I got really scared coz i didn't know what it was, but now I'm used to it but still I get angry when it happens. I believe its to do with stress, mainly happens to me that way. I hate just being hopeless lying on my bed when I know I'm not dreaming.

It usually lasts 2-4 mins, it's really weird, sometimes my eyes open and I see a real life image but i can't move or do anything and it goes blank. Sometimes I hear sounds that are going around irl, however it seems like I wonder around my house whilst still in my bed, like its real and my left eye is alway blind for some reason o_o strange. Sooooo weird tho >> not funny, It always seems real that I'm wondering around my house with a blind eye and it scares me. =/ when I get a jerk and wake up to reality, what a relief then. =]

Back