• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sleep Schedule

Years
  • It's a basic human function, yet it seems so hard sometimes! How difficult or easy is it for you?

I've been able to fall asleep fast for a long time, but staying asleep is the hard part. It's 5am and I've been up since 3am. Hence the topic.
    Why do you think a lot of people have difficulties with sleep? Is it maybe because when I can't sleep I get on the computer with bright lights? Probably, but hey what are other things you've noticed?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Maybe I'm just getting old but I cherish every ounce of sleep I get, lol. Lately I've been trying to get to bed earlier, but that doesn't seem to work so well, and I still have to wake up at 5am, rip.

Years
  • I always enjoyed sleeping and I!m trying to get at least 8 hours of sleeping. I mostly can fall asleep soon. And wake up just a minute before my alarm goes off. That's wonderful. Except for the last part, of course.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Mine is actually pretty good because of my shift patterns at work. Generally I aim to be in bed by 11pm at the latest, and even on my days off it's rare that i'm out of bed later than 9am.

I much prefer this to how it was a few years ago where i'd stay up all night and sleep through the day.

Years
  • I love to sleep, but I suck at it. My body doesn't properly regulate sleep so it comes at really random erratic times. Once I do sleep though, I'm golden. I'm a deep sleeper.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I wish I could say that I have a set schedule because of work but i don't and i"m all over the place. I used to be able to go to sleep around 9pm and then a nap would happen around the middle of my work week but that set schedule left the coop a while ago.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I never have a set schedule because of my work schedule. A lot of times I'm closing which we close at 2 am and then I may not get home till 3 am and I'm not the type that can just go right to bed.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Nah, no set sleep schedule. I just sleep whenever I pass out. I just can't set a schedule for sleep. To be fair, it doesn't really work for me.

Years
  • I tend to fall asleep between 11PM and 1Am on weekdays; weekends range from 1AM - 5AM usually rip. I take naps a lot on the weekend tbh. I'm pretty consistent about waking up just before 9AM regardless tho.

Years
  • Usually around midnight is when I attempt to fall asleep. Although when I say "around" I mean with a variance of several hours, so I could be trying to fall asleep some time before, or I could be up for a bit longer after that. I know part of my problem is that I just can't seem to relax enough to be able to sleep, and then when I do fall asleep I tend to wake up very easily. Sometimes it's because of cat poking around, but even if I'm left undisturbed there will still be something randomly waking me up eventually.

Although while me waking up that easily seems to be a more recent thing, I have never been one to be able to fall asleep quickly unless I'm extremely tired or sick. That's been a thing ever since I was young, and I doubt that's going away anytime soon.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i pretty consistently sleep from 11:30-6:45 on weekdays, and 1-8:30 on weekends. i despise getting up past 9

Years
    • Seen today
    I get tired early, usually around 9:00-10:00 PM. I'm also a morning person, so I'm usually awake at 4:30 AM or 5:00.

Sometimes I sleep when I return home in the afternoon.

Years
  • I have a consistent sleep schedule... only because I take OTC sleeping pills. I take them at 9PM, lie down by 11PM, am asleep within 30 minutes. Then I wake up at about 7-8AM .

In theory I can fall asleep eventually but like. If I don't take the meds it takes forever, and ever, and ever, and ever... idk maybe over the summer I can try to get better sleep hygiene again. But even when I tried it didn't seem to help much.

Once I'm asleep I actually sleep pretty deep unless it's at the end of a sleep cycle.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    It takes me like an hour to fall asleep when I'm working full-time. It's really annoying actually.

When I'm on vacation I can fall asleep very quick.

I'm usually lights out by 1AM and get up around 8.

Years
  • unknown.png

what sleep schedule

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • 8-9 hours of sleep daily. If I don't get it, I'm cranky and will let you know it too. I love sleeping so... yeah lol.

Years
  • I never have a consistent sleep schedule. The most consistent is probably the ~6 hours I get when I go to work, but on the weekends or when I'm not at work it's never consistent.

I wish it were more, but because everything happens at night (friends online and all my shows and streams), it can be difficult to get more than that.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • I tend to have a consistent sleep time around 11pm to 12:30am.
    Other than that, I normally awake around 7:50am to 8:15am everyday. Except for Sunday.
    Oddly enough, Sunday I always wake up at 6am on the dot and haven't the clue why either.

Back