• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sleep?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i sleep too much. i'm constantly tired; even when i've had a nice, wholesome sleep the night before, i'll find myself unable to keep my eyes open and occasionally napping throughout the day.

Years
    I certainly don't have it. If I actually listened to my body I would get plenty of sleep; I'm usually tired enough for bed by 11. I'm just too stubborn to sleep. :p

There's only been one night I could think of that I had anything close to insomnia, and even that wasn't so bad. I eventually fell asleep about... I think 4am, after hours of tossing and turning?

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Sleep is very nice. I love it, in fact, and could spend hours off in my own personal dreamland. It feels great.
    But sometimes I just have other things to do. Or I get distracted and stay up for another five hours. So my sleep pattern is highly erratic.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I hate insomnia threads on the internet because it's usually full of people going "I totally have it! I go to bed at like 3am and then get up at 7am for school!" No, no you don't.
    That's how I feel about like...every medical thread on the internet, hah. :P

I have a terrible time trying to fall asleep, and an even worse time getting up in the morning. I can be really tired, physically and mentally, but I have the hardest time getting my brain to shut off, or one of my medications still keeps me up. The temporary solution I've put in for this is to watch Battle Videos until I can't keep my eyes open anymore, it usually takes one or two to knock me out.

I have class at 8:30 in the morning and try to go to bed before/around 1 AM, but even if i do, I don't usually fall asleep until like...2 or 3. I've gone nights where I don't fall asleep until 4 or 5 AM, and ones where I go to bed closer to 8 or 9 PM. Whatever the case, I end up oversleeping on the weekend to make up for it. I hate oversleeping as much as I hate undersleeping, unless I'm just really desperate for some shut-eye.

I also can't pull a ton of all-nighters for the simple reason that I'd probably hurt myself if I did. The one time I pulled an all-nighter for school, I was able to get through two of my finals, then went to get my haircut immediately after and fell asleep in the chair. I can't risk falling asleep behind the wheel in the middle of the afternoon. :S

Back