• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sleep

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    How much sleep do you get per night on average? Are you generally a deep or light sleeper? What makes you sleep, be it a song, stories, movies, food, etc?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I somehow manage to function regardless of how much sleep I get. Left to my own devices I can sleep for many hours (I think most I ever slept was for 18 hours, hadn't even been awake for more than a day beforehand) whereas last night I only slept 4 hours and now it's midnight and I'm still not very tried.

Sometimes I'll sleep through anything, other times I wake up at the slightest noise. Sometimes I fall asleep almost instantly, other times I take hours or don't fall asleep at all. I'm not a very consistent sleeper.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I average about 7.5 to 8.5 hours of sleep. But to be honest, I don't need nearly that much. I went though quite a long period about two years ago where I got very little sleep and I can fuction perfectly fine.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • i sleep from 5 to 7 hours per day...and yes,i'm a light sleeper...least move around me will wake me up...lol once i was sleeping and my sister was in the room while she was bringing something there was a wood board behind her it was about to fall on her head...in a second i was up and held it before it fell in her head..what surprised her that i was awake more than she was about to lose her head lol..even i was surprised :P

what make me sleep sometimes hearing somebody crooning or when my mom put her hand and move it on my hair (head)..i sleep in that case faster than anything :3

Years
  • My sleep varies. I'd probably get 6-8 hours of sleep on average, I guess? I'm usually in bed by midnight and wake up by 7:45 at the latest. It never feels like enough though, that's for sure!

I'm a somewhat heavy sleeper. Small noises and light don't bother me, and if I'm really tired I can fall asleep in anything. However my alarm gets me right up, and louder noises will too.

The worst part is that it usually takes me at least thirty minutes to an hour to get to sleep in the first place. So when I do get to bed at midnight, I'm usually not asleep until one. :/

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • I tend to sleep alot. If I somehow don't get enough sleep, I make up for it by long naps along the afternoon. Usually, I get 8 hours of sleep, but I get around 10 most of the time. I'm a very light sleeper, able to wake up from the slight things. As for what causes me to sleep: any song as long as it's not hard rock, sweet stories, boring or uninteresting movies, and when I look out the window. Food doesn't really affect it to be honest.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've had insomnia for about 14 months now. The only way I sleep more than an hour or two is with prescription sleeping pills. When I take them, I sleep like a log and for anywhere from 8-12 hours at a time. :P When I don't take the pills, I wake up at the smallest sounds or lights repeatedly until morning. It suuuucks.

Years
  • I sleep from 8-10 hours, usually; if I go to bed at, say, 2-3AM, I'd wake up around 11-12. I'm a very light sleeper though and absolutely cannot fall asleep to most kinds of sound, crickets and birds chirping included... well, except rain (which actually makes sleeping easier). Light also makes it impossible for me to sleep so it all has to be turned off.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Back when I had insomnia, it was thanks to ~modern medicine~ that I was able to sleep for two-three hours, sometimes only an hour. but I was able to function normally regardless of the lack of sleep I had. I'm still like that nowadays, I can just get up and get through the day even if I haven't had any sleep at all.

Nowadays, I try to get between 5-6 hours of sleep because idk, I like the feeling of being fully rested?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I can fall asleep rather easily, but I mostly don't do so until around midnight. Most of the time, it's not an issue, as & can get up at around 8:30 in morning. There are some times which I don't look forward to waking up in that particular day, & these are the days that I won't get up until 9 or even 10 - I sometimes feel like I could sleep forever.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I get 5 or 6 hours of sleep per night. I usually go to sleep at around 3am and get up at around 9am. I feel like I've overslept if I get anymore than that, which is a good thing biologically because I'm also of the opinion that sleeping for longer than that is a waste of time lol. I sleep very deeply - people often tell me about loud thunderstorms or garbage trucks that I've just slept through. My mother puts that down to the fact that she refused to tip-toe around me for fear of waking me up while I was a baby. She did that with my sister and now my sister will wake up at the slightest provocation. Also, I used to go to sleep while I could hear the TV in the living room perfectly well, so noise has never been that much of an issue for me.

Nothing in particular makes me sleep... I guess being tired? Or maybe the dark?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • 10 hours at least? Not sure. I'm a very deep sleeper, and nothing really puts me to sleep, music keeps me up but I can sleep with a non-loud TV on. I have a tendency to respond to people who speak to me/call me while sleeping, but it doesn't wake me up- I just go back to sleeping. I'm apparently very miserable to speak to while sleeping.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I usually get 4-6 hours a sleep daily. But for the past couple of days, I have been getting about 2 hours because I would wake up with acute pain in my knee. I tend to be a very light sleeper which I guess is a good thing because I would be alert whenever there is danger.

:t354:TG

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • During the week, I normally get about 6-7 hours of sleep a night. I'll go to bed at about 1am, but not get to sleep for at least an hour. I'll wake up at 8-9am, depending on the day's schedule and function relatively normally. Then Friday night comes around, and I can sleep for soooooo long. Normally it ends up being about 12 hours or something. Ideally, I'd be an 8-hour-a-night-every-night person, but my night-time habits (not that!) during the week mean that's never going to happen. Still, I do like my crazy-ass lie-ins on the weekend! :D

Years
  • 5-7 hours usually (after which I never feel good), 10-12 when I can. I need lots of sleep, and preponing* it doesn't work. Not only do I not feel like sacrificing some valuable evening hours, I also just can't seem to fall asleep before like 22:30.

* I love you, dictionary, what would I do without you?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm a light sleeper, but one that can sleep longer than I should. I think I slept a whole 14 hours once or twice, which I consider to be a major accomplishment in my life. I can wake up from the light in the hall going off, or my brothers getting ready for school, or the TV in the living room being too loud. I need complete silence and darkness for me to fall asleep, but listening to classical music and music that makes you want to fall asleep helps me get in the moon to fall asleep. I can't fall asleep with music in my ears, though, and I can't fall asleep with a light on (even if it's on in the hallway), or a TV on in my room or if I can hear a TV from another room. I go to sleep at different times throughout the day, but I always tend to wake up at 6:00 on weekdays (because of my brothers getting ready for school), and 9:00 or 11:00 otherwise.

Yumi~

✖ mon chéri ♥
    Years
    • How much sleep do you get per night on average?
      When in college, about 5 hours on weekdays and 8 on weekends. When home, I usually go overboard and sleep for about 10 hours.
    • Are you generally a deep or light sleeper?
      Deep sleeper all the way. Nothing wakes me up except my alarm (and I usually have to set three of those).
    • What makes you sleep, be it a song, stories, movies, food, etc?
      Just me becoming super exhausted, or food.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Sleep is for the weak. I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD.

Um so that basically means I don't get nearly enough sleep as I should. On school nights, I average out about 5-6 hours and on the weekends it's about 7-8 hours. I go to bed at ridiculously late hours every day (anywhere from 12:30-2:00 a.m.) and on weekends and holidays, wake up at ridiculously late hours as well (anywhere from 10:00-11:30 a.m.). I'm a pretty deep sleeper, having slept through many thunderstorms and other noises people tend to hear. That said, it takes me a while to get to sleep unless I'm super-exhausted.

Back