• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Sleeping related thread~

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Your bed is supposed to be your comfort zone, soooo~~

1. Which side do you usually ~fall~ sleep on? Left, right, back, belly?
    2. Which side is the most uncomfortable to sleep on? Left, right, back, belly?
    3. Wake up with any aches or pains? If so, typically, where are they?
    4. Cold pillow? Warm pillow? Do you like your pillows soft and fluffy, or firm? How many pillows do you sleep with?
    5. How heavy are your blankets?
    6. Do you like it warm in the room? The window open? Cold?
    7. What do you wear to bed? PJs? Or do you wear whatever you wore that day?
    8. We won't judge, promise. Do you have stuffed animals laying on your bed that help you go to sleep?
    9. Can you sleep with a TV on?
    10. Are you a light sleeper, or heavy sleeper? Does it take a lot to wake you up? Or does the sound of a pin dropping onto the carpet (sliiiight exaggeration) wake you up?
    11. Is going to sleep an end to your day, or the beginning of a new one?

Sho7gun

IV Inquisitor
    Years
  • I sleep on the left of my bed, sometimes on my back or my left-hand side. I'm a heavy sleeper during REM (Random Eye Movement for all those who think i sleep heavy listening to REM) but Im a light sleeper from about 8 onwards.
    Apparently I fidget around all the time in my sleep....sometimes I talk in my sleep....i sleep in shorts....um.....and I usually dont get to sleep until about 1am.
    I cant deal with the TV or music being on while i try and sleep.
    This thread is madness but i love it XD

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • 1. Which side do you usually ~fall~ sleep on? Left, right, back, belly?
    Right.. I don't know why it's just always been right

Back and belly - Too use to the Sides

Not unless I've slept the wrong way

4. Cold pillow? Warm pillow? Do you like your pillows soft and fluffy, or firm? How many pillows do you sleep with?
    I have 4 Pillows 2 on each side of my bed

Pretty heavy - I'm one for warmth

Warm - I'm a small person and get cold easy - And I can't really open my windows... they're kinda stuffed

I am a PJ kid XD

8. We won't judge, promise. Do you have stuffed animals laying on your bed that help you go to sleep?
    XD I have a blanket I don't really sleep with my toys anymore

Depends what's on but if it's boring...yep

10. Are you a light sleeper, or heavy sleeper? Does it take a lot to wake you up? Or does the sound of a pin dropping onto the carpet (sliiiight exaggeration) wake you up?
    Heavy I don't really get much sleep and since I'm not a morning person it takes me a lot to get up

Today it'll be the beginning since I'm procrastinating on a project due tomorrow. Usually I sleep at about 9

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • 1. Which side do you usually ~fall~ sleep on? Left, right, back, belly?: The left or right sides.
    2. Which side is the most uncomfortable to sleep on? Left, right, back, belly?: The belly.
    3. Wake up with any aches or pains? If so, typically, where are they?: Sometimes, but not often, usually in the back or arms.
    4. Cold pillow? Warm pillow? Do you like your pillows soft and fluffy, or firm? How many pillows do you sleep with?: I don't care about the firmity of the pillows. I usually sleep with 2 or 3 pillows (the first one is the one I rest my head on; the other 1 or 2 pillow(s) are on my side(s)).
    5. How heavy are your blankets?: Somewhere between light and heavy.
    6. Do you like it warm in the room? The window open? Cold?: I don't like it when it's warm in my room, so I sleep with the air conditioning on. I also close my windows before going to sleep.
    7. What do you wear to bed? PJs? Or do you wear whatever you wore that day?: PJs (usually consists of a sleeveless shirt and shorts)
    8. We won't judge, promise. Do you have stuffed animals laying on your bed that help you go to sleep?: No, but I used to.
    9. Can you sleep with a TV on?: No. When I sleep in my parents' room during the weekends, I wait until my dad turns the TV off before going to sleep.
    10. Are you a light sleeper, or heavy sleeper? Does it take a lot to wake you up? Or does the sound of a pin dropping onto the carpet (sliiiight exaggeration) wake you up?: I'm a heavy sleeper, and I wake up easily, depending on the time of day/night.
    11. Is going to sleep an end to your day, or the beginning of a new one?: It's the end of the day for me.

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
  • 1. Most often on my right side, with my pillow sandwiched between my head and shoulder.

2. I can sleep pretty much any way, but I don't sleep on my back that much.

3. Oh yeah, my neck tends to hurt for a little.

4. One cold, squishy, football-shaped pillow.

5. An old comforter that I've had to start sewing together. Pretty light, actually.

6. I like the room to be cold, but I need a blanket.

7. Boxers and a shirt. I rarely ever sleep in pants.

8. Yeah. Two tigers, a fur seal, a couple of bears, a turtle, and Brian from Family Guy dressed as a banana. I won them ALL out of claw machines.

9. Depends what's on. MTV crap? No.

10. Pretty heavy, to the point where if I don't wake up on time the only thing that wakes me up is if mom drops the cat on me.

11. An end, of course. Waking up is the beginning.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wow... 11. XD;;

I'm strange, it's usually on my left, because if I fall asleep on my other side, I end up with sleep paralysis or nightmares just getting into sleep, yet it used to be that way for the right, idk, it changes. D:
    No side is unconfortable, except... on my belly I guess, since I am female. XD;
    Not... usually. Well, depends, because sometimes when I'm up late, I lean on my shoulders and they hurt when I wake up, but that's rarely, anyway. Overall, I wake up pretty pain-free and just stay in bed until Nan comes in and yells at me to get up, which is when I close the door and use the laptop, lol.
    I sleep with two pillows, though as a child, at some point, I used to sleep with one. I know when I was younger, I had shoulder issues due to sleeping with two pillows, so I stopped, then recently, (I'd assume) I started using two again for some reason... I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was due to one being uncomfortable (I swear my memory sucks)... Idk.
    I don't really know how to measure, so... I'd assume average, or something along those lines. I've never felt like they were too heavy or anything, though.
    Tbh, I don't really care how "warm" it is, but if it's on the hot side of warm, I find it harder to sleep, yet if it's cold, it's easier for me to sleep. XD; Usually I don't like the window being open, because if something outside makes a sound, it's likely to scare me (there was a point, where, in the pond outside my room had lots of frogs, all croaking while I was trying to sleep).
    PJs, always - never anything I wore in that day... except camp in 2006, where I did so, and everyone thought I was creepy and lazy (but really I was badly sunburnt and getting changed would've hurt a lot).
    Surprisingly, no, though as a kid, I had this teddy bear I called Amy that I used to sleep with all the time. Now... I just sleep, though I do have a tiger on my bed (a stuffed one, only!)
    I think I can! But only if I decide to sleep myself, rather than fall asleep (yeah I can force myself to go to sleep, it's lovely).
    I... don't know. Nan has said that I've slept through a lot, but if I have nightmares, then I wake up and if my favourite songs come on, I wake up, otherwise I sleep right through, so I'll assume I'm somewhat a heavy sleeper, which is good in a way, because then I won't get annoyed by little things (and yet I wake up straight away when Nan walks into the room, so I must be able to notice footsteps in my sleep idk).
    Omg, good question Nick. Well, for me, it ends the day, since sometimes I'm still up after 12, so even though the day has ended... I'm still awake, and sleeping completes it, then goes in a cycle to start up a brand new chapter in my life (even if it's only a day, lol).

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years

Probably the last thing I remember falling asleep is that I'm usually lying on my back or my left side.

My belly since I can't breathe.. XD;

My legs, since I tend to get random cramps at night. Or my arms if I sleep on them.

Um.. I don't mind whatever temperature my pillow is, although it is nice to have a warm pillow when it's cold. I like my pillows sooooft, annd I only sleep on one pillow, which is apparently weird. XD

My currently blanket is pretty light, my old one use to be heavy, but it was really hot in summer so I switched blankets.

Warm in winter, cold in summer. I'm not allowed to sleep with the window open, since my parents are paranoid someone will put poison in my room, idek.

I wear pajamas! Since I always shower before bed so I don't wear my daytime clothes.

Yes. <3 Many. :3 I like to cuddle them when I sleep, since it's very soothing. I'm a cuddly kind of person~

Yup~ I use to sleep with the TV on, or music. But now I don't since I have my laptop which I can't leave on at night. But noise doesn't really affect me.

It depends on how long I've slept for, when I take naps, I'm a light sleeper. When I sleep for a while, I'm a heavy sleep. Buut it doesn't take much to wake me up, but I do tend to go back to sleep easily.

End of a long, tiresome, gruelling day. The best thing ever.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    quickly and most comfortably on belly. left and right, not often; back, never

neck cramps or random muscle aches depending on how "wild" i slept

4. Cold pillow? Warm pillow? Do you like your pillows soft and fluffy, or firm?
    mmm i always have to turn my pillow over because i like it cold. and somewhat firm, fluffy feels suffocating.

my main blanket is really heavy which is no fun in tx heat but i can't sleep without it. come winter th0....................... . . .

i HATE warmth and i have so many heat sources it's impossible for my room to ever be reasonably cool but wintertime, windows staying open v-v

the t-shirt i wore that day (if it's comfortable) and undies (when it's cold, boxers)

i have stuffed animals but they don't make a difference for my sleeping habit, purely for deco

if i'm really tired, normally i have to have the room completely dark

10. Are you a light sleeper, or heavy sleeper? Does it take a lot to wake you up? Or does the sound of a pin dropping onto the carpet (sliiiight exaggeration) wake you up? ummmmmmmmmm i'm a light sleeper only when i fall asleep anxious, like if i tell myself i've got to wake up for something. otherwise i think i can fall asleep through anything

its just...a part of my day

the best part

Ayselipera

Either the left, right, or on my stomach. I never sleep on my back.

It's pretty even out of left, right, and stomach.

Sometimes my back and other times my arms from sleeping on them awkwardly all night.

I prefer my pillow cold. Any texture is fine except I hate when they're so cushy your face just falls into them and the "walls" of the pillow rise around your face making it hard to breathe. ...Or maybe this only happens to me! xD I only sleep with one. Occasionally two if I want to spoil myself.

Pretty light, even during the fall and winter. I have a wood stove that keeps the house ridiculously warm so any really heavy blankets would probably leave me in a pile of sweat. As of now I just have a soft Patriots blanket on the bottom and a light flower comforter on top.

I usually open my window... even in the winter! I love the fresh air when I wake up and I find it more comforting to be encased in warm blankets while I know the room is actually cold. Psychological I guess. :D

I either sleep naked or with just a shirt on. I'm not comfy with clothes on when I go to bed for some reason.

No I haven't slept with a stuffed animal in years. They take up too much room anyways.

Yup, but that situation only occurs during sleepovers. I'm not allowed to have a television in my room because, "it develops bad sleeping habits."

I'm an incredibly light sleeper. Just walking into my room ever so quietly wakes me up. It's happened more times then I can count.

I see it as the end of the day. The last thing to look forward to before the new day starts.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Either my left or right side.

Belly for deffinate. When I sleep on my belly, all I can feel is a pulse, and it's really uncomfortable. @_@;

I don't wake up with any aches or pains. But usually if I stretch after waking up, I get a cramp in my leg. x_x;

Cold pillow.<3 Seriously, I find it so soothing to sleep on a cold pillow. xD; I like my pillows (usually around 2) soft and fluffy. o3o

I'm not sure.. xD; Not too heavy, and not too light. Just right.

I like it warm in the room, yes. xDDD; I would open the window if I wasn't worried about bugs getting in. :X

I wear my PJs! :D

Uh-huh. I have around 3 - 5 stuffed animals that I sleep with. XDD; They comfort me and make me feel at ease, idk, they make me feel safe... /lame

I can, yus. I'd only sleep with it on if I forgot to turn it off.

I'm a heavy sleeper. It takes a loooot to wake me up, to be honest. And it's relatively hard for me to get out of bed when I wake up. xD;

Going to sleep is the end of my day, and when I wake up, the beginning of a new one. o3o;

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Holy Bejeebus, lots of questions on sleepz.

Erm.. either left side or right side, rarely on my back and never on my belly.

Belleh.

Not really. I sometimes sleep in a wierd position and get neck ache.

If it's a warm night = cold pillow, if it's a cold night = warm pillow. I like them soft and fluffy and I sleep with 3 (I only use 2 though).

My new blanket is very thick and very heavy. But also very warm.

If it's warm, I like it to be cool and if it's cold I like it to be warm. I never leave my window open because my neighbours are noisy morons.

A shirt and briefs/shorts.

Nay.

Not unless i'm extremely tired and/or drunk.

Light sleeper, so no it doesn't take a lot.

By the time I get to sleep it's normally the start of the day lolz. But in seriousness I class it as the end of my day.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    There's no trend; usually on my side, sometimes belly, never back.

Belly. Back isn't uncomfortable, it just makes sleep difficult.

No, never. I can sleep on the floor and have no aches.

Cold and firm plz. Only one pillow.

Medium? They're pretty light, but heavy enough for me. I used to sleep with 3 blankets in the winter months, but one that's reasonably light is good enough now.

Window stays shut always because the room is always cold except for the middle of summer, but then I just get rid of the blankets.

Jimmy jams ftw. Underwear in the summer.

No.

I don't have a TV, but when I was on holiday with friends I was asleep within about 5 minutes. I woke up again about 4 hours later and they were still watching the TV on pretty high volume, but it didn't disturb me at all

Depends, some nights it's impossible for me to wake up, sometimes I wake up several times in just a few hours.

End.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Usually the right side.
    On my stomach.
    Not usually.
    I prefer cold, fluffy pillows, though usually my pillows are neither :/
    Not very heavy, and I don't want them to be.
    I like to have it cold, with a fan blowing directly on me.
    I just fall asleep in my clothes.f I'm tired I'm not going to be motivated to change.
    No.
    Yes, and sometimes it helps me fall asleep
    I can sleep through a lot, but my alarm clock is loud enough to wake me most of the time.
    Both, I guess?

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    - Right side of my body.

- Belly, I guess.

- If I don't rotate my body fully, I get little pulls in my neck and they hurt sometimes.

- I sleep with 1 pillow and I like my pillow cold and I sometimes get up at night to flip it over or rotate it so my read is resting on the cold section of the pillow.

- They get heavier as the temperature gets colder.

- I like it nice and comfortable. Usually my window isn't open.

- I wear clothes that can be considered 'PJ's'. They are usually shirts and shorts that are worn out or just don't classify as 'school clothes'.

- No. I used to when I was little, though.

- I have a TV in my room, but I unplug every night before I go to bed.

- I'm a decent sleeper. But, it doesn't take that much to get me to wake up.

- Going to sleep ends my day, I guess. Not sure how to answer that one...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I guess you could say I sleep on my right side? When I fall asleep on my bed, I'm usually rolled in a ball, with my comforter closing me off from the rest of the room.

I'm not sure. I can't focus on how comfortable I am when I'm completely knocked out.

Nope, not unless I'm over at a friend's house and sleeping on their bed that might happen to be uncomfortable.

I like a cold pillow. It helps me fall asleep faster.

I just sleep with a comforter. I'm not the type who like to sleep with a sheet. So, my comforter is probably as heavy as a regular comfortable for a queen sized bed I guess. I can't say I've really weighed how heavy it was; except on the days I wash it and take it out of the washer when it's wet. Then it's really heavy. XD

My room is always cold at night, even with the AC set around 82°F these days because of how cold it's been getting. Regardless, I like my room to be cold over warm. It's a lot more comforting.

Usually it's a simple t-shirt and athletic shorts. If it's cold, then I have my warm, long PJ pants to wear. :3

Haha, no. I got rid of all my stuffed animals years ago.

No, it's just annoying with the light from the TV screen blinking in my room. So, it has to be off for me. I can still fall asleep with it on, but I would rather keep it off.

I'm definitely a heavy sleeper. The only two sounds that wake me up now are the call of my name (just once, and I'll wake up to it) and my new alarm clock; you know? The one that has the really loud bells? Yeah, that one. Other than that, I can sleep through anything even my house alarm apparently.

To me sleeping marks the end of my day, and waking up marks the beginning of a new one.

Years
    I tend to fall asleep either on my back or on my right side. :)

None of them, really. I can fall asleep with either of them, but right/back are the most frequent.

Not really, unless I'm sleeping something uncomfortable or I didn't sleep enough. If that's the case, my back might hurt.

Cold-ish. I like them soft and fluffy the most. I cannot STAND 'firm' pillows like tempurpedics. They are so..uncomfortable ): At my house, I sleep with about 10 or so pillows XD; in my apartment, I have 4 pillows, but I tend to only use like..three. :p

I have a good comforter, and two light blankets. I tend to only use the comforter, but I occasionally combinations of them. When not sleeping, I often pile them all behind me so I have something for my back to rest upon 8D

I have a fan blowing on the medium setting, usually, at night. I don't ever open my window. :(

Just my underwear ;)

Nope. They now sit on shelves.

I prefer not to. I don't like light when I sleep, and noise if it's engaging. Music, on the other hand, is nice. :)

10. Are you a light sleeper, or heavy sleeper? Does it take a lot to wake you up?
    It depends on where I'm sleeping and how much I'm sleeping. Often, my alarm wakes me up, but some mornings, I don't even hear it go off because I'm just so exhausted.

I try to maintain a decent sleep schedule:) So, it's the end of my day. ^-^;

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022

Back.

Left and Right

I usually want to go to sleep agian

Any number.

Thin.

Lukewarm

I go to bed in anything i find

No

Yes

I am a deep sleeper. DEEP SLEEPER.

End of the day

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Belleh
    back
    Right now, right arm, mainly because I injured myself.
    Cold, Soft, 2
    Depends on the temp.
    Cold, with a warm blanket :D
    Usually some old pair of shorts and a white T
    Nope
    Yes
    It depends, some day I am some days I'm not :P
    Beginning

Years
    Usually one of my sides, rarely on my belly; however, when I wake up, I'm almost always on my back. o_O

Falling asleep, I usually can't on my back unless I'm exhausted. O_o Belly is second most uncomfortable. Usually gets my shoulders out of whack.

Usually not. If I do, it's one of my shoulders.

I have to use two pillows, no more, no less. They're a bit firm. Until this thread, though, I've never heard of anyone heating or cooling their pillows.

I always have to use my blue quilt, which is somewhat heavy. It's a pain during the summer if my room's still hot. In the winter, though, I add on a heavier white quilt. And then, during the worst of it, I now have a very awesome heated blanket, because my room gets super cold otherwise. Best. Invention. Ever.

I prefer it colder over warm, because I looooove being piled in blankets. Gives me extra security. :)

PJ pants, sometimes shorts, sometimes a skirt(!!), and then a tank top.

Nope.

When I'm exhausted, yes. I've done it plenty of times. The joys of sleeping on living room couches...

Depends on the noise. If it's stuff I hear all the time outside or in the house, it won't wake me up. If it comes from my phone or my computer, though, I wake up the second it makes noise.

End of the day.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013

Right. (I think XP)

Back, usually. :/

Nope, not really.

Cold pillow, commonly. Soft and fluffy, two.

Pretty lightweight, but there are several.

Cold, windows open.

PJs. :D

Alright, I admit it... I have three I sleep with. D:

No, not in the room, but if it's out of the room, sure.

Pretty light sleeper. (Not fun, really)

End of my day.

Back