• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slenderman...have you heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

igotpokeballz

x999 Thanks To Action Replay
Years
  • Well, i'm sure this could be a interesting topic, so I will start. Have you heard of Slenderman? Because I don't think he's fake, nor real. How about you guys?? Slenderman(from what I believe) is asociated w/ the tulpa and quantum theory. The tulpa effect says he could be created by energy of people's thoughts or ideas about him (this energy theory is pretty much spiritualism) and thus creating a "thing". Quantum theory explains the teleportation and hunting of multiple people. You see, Slenderman is a fourth dementional being. He is able to be inbetween all of space and time. Since he is blind, he uses telepathy to find his way around and feel. In conclusion, Slenderman could possibly be real but im neutral.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I think it would be rather silly to believe that some ghost made up to scare people could be real.

Definitely don't think you could justify him by using "science" either :p

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • How is he not fake and not real at the same time?

I've heard it. But why would I think anything of substance of a "creature" who was invented for the purpose of an online Photoshop thread?

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Guys, I think I saw him yesterday, I took a snapshot and the flash was super-effective on him, so he fled.

Spoiler:

igotpokeballz

x999 Thanks To Action Replay
    Years
  • I didnt say he did and didnt exist, I said I do and do not belive he exists. In others words, there isnt enough proof to say he is or isnt real.

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I didnt say he did and didnt exist, I said I do and do not belive he exists. In others words, there isnt enough proof to say he is or isnt real.

Proof that something does not exist?

There are a lot of things that cannot be proved to not exist including: unicorns, man-bear-pig, flying spaghetti monsters, freddy Kruger, a three-headed talking raccoon that only eats desserts and only drinks blood and the list goes on and on. You cannot prove that anything does not exist when the confinements are as large as "on Earth" or " in the universe."

Therefore, I would place this conspiracy among the mythological beings that I listed above. The burden of proof is on the confirmation of proof, not the proof of negation. This is kind of a silly thread, assuming you think that a thread about any of the other creatures would also be silly.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Can you explain the quantum theory...theory more fully please? I don't really understand how that explains how a fourth-dimensional being exists.

Years
  • Well, I went and looked into this, and the 'slenderman theory' of which you speak is something akin to a creepy pasta/faux science theory thing from an internet forum somewhere, so in addition to that, I will lock this as it's pretty vague to begin with.

*Locked*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back