• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Slot Machines Still there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Has anyone bothered to check and see if the data for the slot machines is still in the game, knowing game freak they might have left the data in there it just isn't used, and with some hacking we could bring back the game corner we all remember and love from the days of G/S.

Years
  • Hmm, seems interesting, although, wouldn't it be easier to delete it off the game completely instead of "hiding" it?

Meh, I don't know much about things involving the data of games so hopefully someone else has an answer for you :S

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Code doesn't have to be "hidden" at all if it's not called up. It can just sit there.

Remember "Hot Coffee" in GTA or the nude skin models in Oblivion?

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • They obviously wouldnt keep it there. And if you want slots go play B/R/Y/G/G/S/C/R/S/E/D/P/Pl there I just named every pokemon game thats the main series that has slots. Besides slots were boring, go in buy 10k coins buy your prize XD Or buy 1k coins use the slots lose 500 times win 500000 coins buy ur prize or u get nothing. Voltorb Flip requires some thinking and I am pretty sure the pokemon series isnt aimed at 7 year olds because there are still some words I dont even know when the characters talk. So think

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • The game is directed at 10-year-olds, thus why the hero and heroine remain around ten years of age. They use 10-year-old vocabulary in the game, so I'd hope you'd understand it all, unless English is a second or third language.

I think they would have just deleted it off when putting in the Voltorb Flip, but you never know. Maybe it's still in there.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Might be still there, for I've read that Voldorb flip my have even been in the Japanese game coding...

But I don't see much point in this thrad, and if anything such discussions about hacking the game would go in Emulation/Hacking I believe rather than just HGSS discussion. =P Altough even then even with the slots it's not 'just like in GSC' as theslots game worked differen in GSC to HGSS anyways.

Thread closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back