• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slow down and smell the roses

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    (Please tell me I copied that quote right!)

When you first play games, do you like to take your time in completing the story? To what degree - do you talk to everyone or catch every Pokemon available in each route before moving on? Or do you just like to rush through and perform necessary actions? Why?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    I'm always trying to finish things off before moving on to the next area. This means, catching every Pokemon, finding all the hidden items, taking on all the Gyms, Caves, trainers, In-Game Trades and even grinding all my Pokemon to the same levels, etc. When there's NOTHING left to do in there, I'll keep on to the next area. This way, I believe I'll keep the longevity of the storyline.

My goal is always to keep getting soaking in by the atmosphere and feeling of adventure. You're on a journey, and it's gonna be a hella long one.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2014
    I talk to everyone I see, mainly because I the dialog can just be be hysterical. But also because of the potential item you may get. I don't catch all the pokemon I see though I just catch the ones I want for my main 6, which my vary as I go along

Years
    I take things super slowly, I like enjoying the music, talking to everyone, reading all the signs, even in front of the gyms, catching all the Pokemon in the routes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's quite the contrary for me, actually; when I first begin playing a game, I always try my best to get it done (story-wise) as soon as possible, causing me to ignore place exploration, catching Pokémon, finding items, and other such things.

Though, ninety-percent of the time, I'll find myself restarting after I'm finished. When I do, I take it much slower.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    When I first play a new game, I talk to every single NPC, dowse every hidden item with my dowsing machine, see what pokemon are in each route before spraying a repel, etc.

After my 1st playthrough, if I feel like resetting, I'll blaze through everything. I'll only battle all of the trainers and pick up whatever hidden items I remember. Max repel everything and be on my merry way to the elite four lol.

Years
    I usually do like to play slowly most of the time, especially if I want to get every Pokemon in an area or just to check out the beautiful scenery. It becomes much more evident the later the generation is as far as I'm concerned.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I used to cruise through the story and do all the slow stuff post-game (i.e visiting battle frontiers, extra battles, catching them all) or not at all. With later generations such as post-4th gen, I decided to try and enjoy the game more slowly. That meant talking to all the NPCs and seeing if I could pick up any hidden items, seeing what they had to say etc. I didn't necessarily go into every house mainly because in cities such as Lumiose, they were way too many places to visit anyway. I've never been an avid breeder or trader either so I've only ever caught the Pokemon I wanted for my team, a few HM slaves and legendaries. :p Although seeing all these people taking it slowly makes me want to give it more of a shot as well. :D

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    It's quite the contrary for me, actually; when I first begin playing a game, I always try my best to get it done (story-wise) as soon as possible, causing me to ignore place exploration, catching Pokémon, finding items, and other such things.

Though, ninety-percent of the time, I'll find myself restarting after I'm finished. When I do, I take it much slower.

This is what I do! I blaze through the game as fast as I can. I don't really know why; it's just how I play. I like to see how everything plays out and before I know it I've already beaten the game! When X first came out I tried to approach playthrough slowly - talk to everyone, catch every Pokemon - however, that quickly fell through and soon I was back to my old habits. Maybe those goals were a little excessive for me.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
    This is what I do! I blaze through the game as fast as I can. I don't really know why; it's just how I play. I like to see how everything plays out and before I know it I've already beaten the game! When X first came out I tried to approach playthrough slowly - talk to everyone, catch every Pokemon - however, that quickly fell through and soon I was back to my old habits. Maybe those goals were a little excessive for me.

Yes, I more or less share the exact same playstyle as you. I don't have the patience to do that for every single route and town, and my main goal is usually to beat the Elite Four. During the second and maybe third playthroughs if I do them, I go a tad slower, but going slow with regards to Pokemon Games has never been my style, and most likely never will be. Usually I don't have more than 20 Pokemon in my box even after completing the entire game story wise.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
    I usually do all that things...before I move on to next route or town, i will talk to every NPC in my area even if its so hard to reach their house. I will double check my previous route to find some hidden items. I also catch every pokemon in my current route even the rare one.
    I don't care if i waste time doing all that things as long i'm enjoy...

Back