• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Slow Starts

Years
  • Are there any anime or manga series that you had trouble getting into a first, but stuck with and now enjoy quite a lot?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Hmm. Nana's manga. When I was a kid, I didn't like it. I revisited it as an adult and thought it wasn't too bad. I didn't love it, but I did think it was pretty good, from a standpoint.

& Definitely Jojo, as well. Phantom Blood is boring in the beginning. Well, the manga anyway. Watched the anime, and I thought it was much better there.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Jojo's for sure. I initially started with S3 on toonami and just couldn't get into it until I ran through from S1. Dragonball Super as well? I hated the art style of the new series and didn't even get through the battle of gods arc the first time I tried watching it but ended up going back after the tournament of power and ended up enjoying it.

For something a little older... maybe Clannad? I know the first time I tried watching it way back I just couldn't get into it for whatever reason, but then I went back after a number of recommendations and enjoyed it by the end, as you do.

Years
  • For something a little older... maybe Clannad? I know the first time I tried watching it way back I just couldn't get into it for whatever reason, but then I went back after a number of recommendations and enjoyed it by the end, as you do.

I had a similar situation with Little Busters. The first few episodes made it seem like I was in for a really bland SoL but by the end of the first season I hooked and rating it highly. At least, that's how I remember that going. It's been a while.

Back