• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slowbro or Slowking?

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    SlowBro: HP:95 Att:75 Def:110 Spd:30 SpAtk:100 SpDef:80

SlowKing: HP:95 Att:75 Def:80 Spd:30 SpAtt:100 SpDef:110

Slowbro is a physical tank that can learn CM to boost his high SpAtk and low SpDef.

SlowKing is a special tank that generally Curses to make up for his low Def but, his Atk is still too low even after a few curses. And if it doesn't curse it is easily K.O.ed by a physical Atk.

DragonKing

Strategist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2005
    husk1442 said:
    SlowBro: HP:95 Att:75 Def:110 Spd:30 SpAtk:100 SpDef:80

SlowKing: HP:95 Att:75 Def:80 Spd:30 SpAtt:100 SpDef:110

Slowbro is a physical tank that can learn CM to boost his high SpAtk and low SpDef.

SlowKing is a special tank that generally Curses to make up for his low Def but, his Atk is still too low even after a few curses. And if it doesn't curse it is easily K.O.ed by a physical Atk.
    Correct. But Slowking is good for UU teams (you can't use Bro in UU I don't think). Max your Def EVs, so slowking can take physical hits. Then calm mind up and attack with surf, while resting off damage and status conditions. It's like a sponge with semi-sweeping capabilities (not really).

Omega593

End of Your World
    Years
  • Wouldn't it be better to have Slowking with its high Special Defense. Special Defenese would be better to resist Electric, Grass, and Ghost attacks that could knock Slowbro/Slowking out.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Ghost is a physical type

Slowbro is boosting its special Defense with Calm Mind
    The point is not to get K.O.ed before its CM'ed up

Slowking boosts it special def with CM too but, its SpDef is already very high, it will easily be taken out by a physical ATk. which is why people use curse on it but, it doesn't recieve stab and has a crappy attack stat

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
  • Slowbro all the way. Max EVs in Def give it 350, without nature I believe (it might need it tho). Not bad for a common poke if you ask me. It shrugs off Shadow Balls relatively easily. Its a good phazer too. I like this set:

Slowbro @ Leftovers

~Yawn
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Psychic
    ~Surf

Years
  • i usually use protect over psychic, b/c less pokemon have water absorb than are dark types, and also lets say u r facing a raikou, they t-bolt, u yawn, they tbolt, u protect, they sleep. or just a free turn to heal 6% life. usually they switch out on yawn, but not if they think their attack can kill u even if they fall asleep.

Years
  • 2 sdances can 1hko a t-tar, and usually 1 can too, so slowking wont usually survive a swind w/ 2 sdances, and alot of ppl use swind/hp bug, or megahorn. scizor, heracross, ninjask, etc.

mew_master

(don't)ignore paranthesees
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2005
    i would choose slowking because it's higher sp.def. gives it more resistance to grass/electricity/dark, and if you just ev defense it should be fine.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    no actually it wouldn't which is why we use slowbro

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
  • Jaws... Big Bad Silver Wind comes from a Scizor with 3 Swords Dances.

It will OHKO it by the way.

Slowbro is better, as it has better physical defense, and can Calm Mind to boost it's lower Special Defense (Though it's not actually "low"), and boost his main form of attacking at the same time.

CMBro all the way people.

Back