• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SL's Art Thread

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I have more crap. XD

This is a picture I drew of my fanfic character, Nareta, for a random fake card I felt like making for no reason. XD Yes, that is the Soul Badge in the background. And, yes, it does fail. And, yes, the hand is supposed to look chibified. I really, really suck at drawing hands, so I usually chibi them. XDD
    SL's Art Thread

As for these two, I tried my hand at coloring inanimate objects. The drawing wasn't really all that important to me, which is why the Blue Badge's outline is full of suck.
    SL's Art Thread

SL's Art Thread

And lastly, this is a random picture of chibi Zangoose. I was practicing my shading mostly.
    SL's Art Thread

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Update time, yay! =D XD I eas practicing hands since I suck at them. Hope it's good. =3

SL's Art Thread

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    These are good concepts to begin with; I especially like the device thing-whatever-it's-called.

For your Fakemon, I suggest making the evolutions deviate a tad bit more than the level they are at now. Frankly, I can hardly tell the difference between stages 1 and 2. I know how tough this can get because I've had some bad experiences trying to change something too much, until it started looking silly. Things you can play with are just size and different skeletons, and some minor details such as changing it from chibi-like eyes from Stage 1 to normal / anime-style eyes. Also, if you notice, a lot of Pokemon start out extremely small (and round!) and then their second forms are more slender, and finally, their final forms are bulkier.

For your coloring, please try to spill less into the lines and make the lines a tad bit thicker. Also, choose a light source and an angle for your cell shading; in the Skitty, I can't tell which way the light is coming from!

The hand is mostly good, but I think you saved it in the wrong format :P
    I'm not sure what's going on behind the index finger, however; the lines should be going from 10-o'clock to 5-o'clock, not the way they're going right now.
    To go to the next level, try to emphasize the nails and the digits next time :)

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    For what's behind the index finger, when you 'relax' your hand when pointing to the side, you can barely see your knuckle. That's why that's right there.

Thanks for your critique. It's the only one I've actually gotten so far. . XD​

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    For what's behind the index finger, when you 'relax' your hand when pointing to the side, you can barely see your knuckle. That's why that's right there.

Thanks for your critique. It's the only one I've actually gotten so far. . XD​

lol I haven't been able to get my hand to look like that for a while. Pictures? XD

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    When the lighting at my house is better (and I can keep my eyes open), I'll show you with a camera. XD​

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Y harro thar
    i've come to half way attempt to critique. feel special. ~n~

Okaaii /cracks knuckles
    less tackle this:
    The first thing i tend to notice in a human character is the haiiirrrrr :'D~
    and thing I noticed is, when you draw the hair..it looks choppy and stiff. the little red devil girl is working the hairs well~ But the larger middle one has that choppy thing going on.

It should come down smoothly, and separate at the ends...unless a messy hair style is more what your going for. which instead, the little strands are allowed to go every which way xD But should still have a smoother, flowy look, get what I'm saying?

but with MOAR practice, this kind of thing should have many improvements O:

oh! and outlining, only thing that bothers me, is the oulines don't vary in size, but thats more a style thing than anything really

ahh
    thats all i can think of for now
    fail assplanation is fail DX

nao for praise o:
    you do well with shading and colouring which btw i love the texture-y look of them
    and that hand i see out yonder is real nice OO:

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I enjoy the way you talk~ XD

Yeah, I see what you mean about the choppy stiffness. My Pen Tablet's being a (CENSORED!!) today, but, when it stops being a (CENSORED!!), I'll try it again. =3​

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Because I try to stick to the original artwork just a little bit. So I never change hair or eyes.

EDIT:
    I forgot to add my most recent work. It's Watanuki (an obsession I have. XD). It's. . An Interpretive picture.

SL's Art Thread

Last edited:

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
    Oooh, Watanuki. That show's great.
    It's great, but I must say that the lines are very wiggly. If you have a pen or path tool in whichever prgram you're using, you should use it. The lines would be very smooth. ^^

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I drew this just a few minutes ago. I was practicing drawing backgrounds, basically, so I just kinda threw Raichu in there. I think it's kinda cute, so I decided to post it here.

SL's Art Thread

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I think saving them as .JPEG is ruining the coloration. Try saving it as .PNG or .BMP for lower filesize and conservation of quality (but higher loading time) or even .GIF if you can get it like that.

... Unless you're coloring like that on purpose?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Well, firstly with the program I'm using, they can only be saved as JPEG and a few other random ones. Secondly, I color it with water colors, so it looks like that regardless. It's the only way to color that. . Doesn't suck. In my opinion, of course.

EDIT:
    SL's Art Thread

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    </bump>

I've gotten two more pictures. Sneasel and Weavile. What? They're sexy. . It was just practice, basically, but I think they turned out okay.

SL's Art Thread

SL's Art Thread

Back