• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SMA2 Super mario world Ds option pack error?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Hey , I bought a game from Play.com a few months ago it cam within 3-4 days
    i played it over the last few months it was SMA2 Super mario world
    And yesterday when i turned me ds on it said Ds option pack ?
    i heard that the ds would normally say that to a empty cartridge but i played it for a couple months so i know it isnt empty >.<

And ideas on why ?

(P.S Dear moderators if i have put this in the wrong place please move it for me Many thanks Ninty15 ;) )

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • It says empty cartridge when there is nothing inserted (or if there's a protective cover inserted).

Any other non-game cartridges show "DS Option Pack". So, sounds like it isn't being read properly.

Not "officially" recommended, but take out the cartridge, blow on it, and in the slot. Try to get any dust out. See if it loads properly now. If not, call up Nintendo.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I've tried the blowing thing once or twice
    But i wouldnt think nintendo would be able to help coz its a GBA game and they no longer do those anymore :/

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
  • I would also test the game in an actual GBA if you have one and see if it works there. Also instead of just blowing the cartradge, i would also try to blow out the GBA slot itself in the DS.

And sometimes just taking the cart out and putting it in several times can do the trick, making sure that it is in all the way. (although if you're using a lite, it's harder to tell if it's in all the way as opposed to the original DS)

But all in all, i would first try and test it on a GBA or even another person's DS since then that would let you know if it's just the game itself, the DS, or just that one specific cart hates your DS.

Back