• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smack upside the head button

Years
  • Yesterday, for the first time since I have been playing Pokemon Y, I have been so frustrated at another player that I would have loved to use a "smack upside the head" button if there was one.

It started with me finishing my breeding of a Deino. I had about 12 4-5IV Modest Deino spitbacks that I was throwing in the wondertrade. and I got a couple of good trades and a couple of awefully bad (darn you lvl.3 Fletchlings). Anyway, on my last trade I received a Pansear. Normally, I wouldn't even pay any mind and just release it to avoid resending it to the wondertrade...but the trainer who sent me the Pansear for that Deino did the ultimate taunt...he sent me a "Nice". Also to add to insult to injury, maybe 2-3 minutes after he sent a request for a trade. Now, maybe he realized that the trade wasn't fair and wanted to set things straight or maybe he was just plain trolling. That's when I thought to myself : "wouldn't it be nice to have a way to show our displeasure".

Has anyone else had a moment with another player (either trade or battle) that you wished you had a way to smack them upside the head (or just show give them a thumbs down, etc...)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Well did you check out the Pansear? Did it have Blaze ability? Did it have egg moves? Did it have multiple IVs? Just because it's an early game pokemon that you would consider trash doesn't mean it's automatically trash. I have been looking for a Blaze Pansear for days personally and would have loved to have gotten on in wonder trade. (Obviously this is all presumption, if it ACTUALLY is trash then that's one thing, but your post made you sound like you just presumed it was nothing because it was a pansear, you didn't clarify whether or not it had anything special about it or not)

Years
  • Well did you check out the Pansear? Did it have Blaze ability? Did it have egg moves? Did it have multiple IVs? Just because it's an early game pokemon that you would consider trash doesn't mean it's automatically trash. I have been looking for a Blaze Pansear for days personally and would have loved to have gotten on in wonder trade. (Obviously this is all presumption, if it ACTUALLY is trash then that's one thing, but your post made you sound like you just presumed it was nothing because it was a pansear, you didn't clarify whether or not it had anything special about it or not)

Sorry for not being very precise! It was a level 4 Pansear caught in Santalune forest. Usually when I get a pokemon I get it appraised by the IV judge (because even randomly caught pokemon can have great IV's) but in this case just seeing that it was caught in the forest made me think it was from a Wondertrade Troll.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I honestly don't care anymore when I get those Pansear or Weedle, I just let it slide. I don't mind a "Nice" from those people either, what's the harm? I like giving "Nice" to people who sent something nice, like bred Pokemon or rarer Pokemon, and sometimes to random passersby who have a funny shout-out or something, it doesn't really mean anything. If I really want to show my gratitude to another player, I'll give them O-Powers. Like this Sunday, I got an amazing Croagunk off the GTS, with 5 perfect IVs and all egg moves -- thank you Blaze from the USA, and gave him hatching powers.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Haha you're going to experience a lot of trolls with a system like Wonder Trade. Wonder Trade can be great if you're lucky, but it can also become the most disheartening thing in the game.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • You should expect that from the Wonder Trades. I myself experience alot of this and have released ALOT of IV bred Pokemon with a few egg moves cause...why not.

I just feel very generous and happy that I might have save someone the time to IV breed some Pokemon. Eventually your good deeds will be re-payed as, also, often I get some breeding rejects aswell.

Back