• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smoking around very young kids.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Seriously? You guys are insane! Smoking should be against the law. Smoking is gross and sick, and I hate it when I see someone smoking around little kids, it will make them very sick and esspeacily if they are around a asthmatic person. And they need to learn that smoking is going to kill them, so why even bother taking up such a addictive thing? It just makes me so mad when I see someone smoke:pink_pissed:.

Last edited:

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I'm against smoking around children's, infants, baby's,

And I have noticed that every young mother that has it's first child never smokes around it's child, but when the mom's get older and have more baby's (I'm talking 40) they smoke even when holding there baby's,

Smoking around small baby's may cause the baby to get some breathing problems when there older, and I think that the mom's that smoke can easily do it away from there baby's.

Ex Trainer Ruiisu

You Told Me I Was A Monster
    Years
    Tobacco would never get outlawed here in the united states, its pretty much the root of our economy (that and cotton), smoking around children really isn't all that good for them, as it can cause breathing problems, when its out in open air, second hand smoke pretty much goes where the wind takes it so its not that much of a problem outside, but when inside it causes a gas chamber effect.
    Smokers in general, let them smoke they're the ones slowly killing themselves, I for one prefer not to be around the smoker cause I have asthma.(not as badly as i used to have it)
    Smokers state that smoking cigarettes helps them relax but in reality, it causes build up of plaque in the lungs, hypertension and basically builds up pressure in your circulatory system.
    Smoking around kids in an enclosed area, no its just common sense.
    In an open area it's not really a problem since wind drafts the smoke away.
    Anyone who says tobacco and cigarettes should be outlawed should think of more reasons than its "gross" or "bad" for your health cause like i stated above its more of an economic thing than a health thing when it comes down to it. This is why they haven't banned it now and probably won't for a while. It brings in lots and lots of money.Its basically a billion dollar industry. It'll take more than just saying something to end it, because of this.
    The only true way to stop it all together is if everyone and i mean EVERYONE stopped smoking.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Smoking is The Main Cause of Cancer. it must be forbidded for not only a certain Country. it must be forbidded for all Around the World.
    It is Even Dangerous When smoking near a kid who had Breathing Problem.

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
    Years
    I don't smoke around kids. I make a point of this. If a child and its mother/father/whatever floats your boat are passing me by, I'll move a fair distance away from them, and I flat-out will not light up with a kid near me.

Incidentally, there are things of more pressing concern right now than outlawing tobacco. But I do regret starting and certainly wouldn't recommend that anyone else pick it up.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    Both of my parents smoked when I was young. My dad quit so early, though, that I only have very vague memories of ever seeing him with a ciggarette in his mouth.
    My mom still smokes to this day. But before I originally moved out of the house, she confined her smoking to outside. Now, after I've moved back home, she's made it a habit of doing it only in her room - and always leaves that door shut whether she's in there or not.

I think that smoking around children is a very dumb thing to do - but what's even more enraging is when a woman is pregnant, and she still continues to smoke. Sadly, I have a friend who does this, and she's been a smoker since she was 10 years old! Supposedly the doctor told her that it would be too stressful on the baby if she were to quit smoking during the pregnancy.. and what angers me more is that in addition to smoking, she said she doesn't plan on breastfeeding either.. and I think that's just a recipe for a very malnutritioned newborn.

I've been around smokers my whole life, and unfortunately most of the friends I grew up with ended up being smokers - one reason why I moved back into my parents house. I can't stand being around the stuff. And when I am around them and they must smoke, I go to another room, or they do, or they keep it out the window or somesuch.
    I don't think it's one bit fair for non-smokers to be around the stuff, though. We've chosen to protect our lungs, and exposing us to the secondhand smoke isn't the least bit fair.
    Luckily, my state has passed a banned smoking law. It's illegal to smoke in a public place, such as restaurants. Smoking isn't even allowed in bars here anymore.
    Much to the dismay of many of my customers.. (I work at a truck stop).

It makes it so much nicer to go out to eat. ^_^

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Absolutely and positively not! You're crazy if you do that thing. Lung cancer kills more people who doesn't smoke but inhales it. The smoke the smoker blows are not refined and crude, which contains more chemicals than the smoker inhales.

Back