• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smoking

Nemaru

nah
Years
  • I don't smoke, never will, never want to. A couple of my friends do (Like most of you apparantly), but they're completely retarded for smoking, and it's there fault, not mine. I don't care what they do or what they don't do. Doesn't effect what I do.
    Crack is wack, there's no hope in dope, stay in school.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Smoking shouldn't exist. Therefore, this topic shouldn't exist.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I know I'm going to come off as a judgmental prick here, but what the hell? I despise smoking. There are no words that can describe my hatred for cigarettes or what they do to people. I think the people who smoke need to a) cop on and if they've done that, they need to b) movtivate themselves to quit. Do I hate people who smoke? No, I don't. People who smoke have made foolish choices, but I don't have anything against them personally. I have friends my age who've tried to quit and they can't; I understand how hard it can be to fight the cravings and I get the gist of why cigarettes can be so addictive, but that's not going to stop me believing that if I can get my friends to stop smoking, it'll make their lives better, which is why I constantly nag them about it and support them if they are trying to quit.

All in all, yes, I hate smoking, but I have no real problem with the people who do smoke.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • I don't care all that much, really. I occassionally smoke a cigarett, but that's like once or twice every two or three months, so basically whenever someone offers me a fag. I do enjoy smoking Hookah. Now that's fun. It's relaxing, and its a way to hang out with friends. All the flavors are interesting to choose from. My personal favorite is Aguave. It's like a fruity flavor, and the amount of smoke you can blow out is tons of fun as well. Its an easy and quick way for learning how to blow smoke rings. :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • In addition to all the published health problems, I am very allergic to cigarette smoke. And believe me, me with a runny nose and itchy, watery eyes is NOT a pleasant sight.

Needless to say, I don't smoke, and I try to avoid areas where there is heavy smoking. Granted, it is the individual's decision to smoke, but just do it away from me, 'kay?

Nemaru

nah
    Years
  • What the .......?
    The Answer is NO, i don't smoke.
    Why should I?
    It makes your lips look black.

Actually, not really. That's just TV commercials that try to scare you into not smoking. my mom has been smoking for 30 years and she looks completely normal.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Nope. And I sure as hell don't intend to, either. My grandpa got emphysema from doing it earlier in his life, and what it did to him always made me choke up. At the end, his skin began to discolor, he couldn't walk, he was on oxygen... it was terrible. I was scared of visiting him, I'm ashamed to say...

Do I dislike people just for smoking? No. I just wish they had really stopped to think before they lit that first one.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • I'm an ex smoker. I quit about two years ago now. (or was it 1 1/2 years? something like that) And I don't regret it. Let's see... die of natural causes... die of cancer... die of natural causes... cancer.. I think I'll pick natural causes, thank you. I don't care if people smoke. Whatever. It's their life they're cutting short. What ticks me off is when those people think they have a right to smoke in public when children, pets and non-smokers are around. I don't care how short they want their life to be- it doesn't mean I want me and my dogs life cut just as short. (cuz, did you know that pets can get cancer from second hand smoke, too?? bet ya didn't know that. most people don't.) Smoking in public is one of my biggest peeves. In a bar; whatever. In the parking lot to Wal Mart when I'm trying to get inside to buy my niece who's with me some new shoes; that's just rude.

I especially hate people who blow smoke in your face. And then, don't apologise for it.

I don't dislike people for smoking. I wish they wouldn't have lit that first one. But, I don't dislike them. My mom smokes. My sister smokes. My brother does. It's their life; their decision.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I used to smoke, but now I'm totally against it. It damages one's health, and I'm sure that everyone is aware of it by now.

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    I'm against smoking; my mother and grandmother both smoke, and my grandma isn't in the best of shape for her age. Plus we just finished what smoking does to you in Science. It kills you, and that's basically all there is to it. Plus, 85% of the smoke goes into the air around the smoker, which is just disgusting. I also think it's pretty messed up that three people in my class smoke at the age of 13...

I get a little annoyed when people who smoke say, "If I quit smoking, I'll put on weight!" I always counter with an advert I saw a while ago: "Sure, it makes you lose weight. One lung at a time."

I don't dislike people for smoking, though. It's their decision. As long as they stay away from me and my already messed up lungs, I'm fine with them. x3

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    Im not really bothered by it tbh, its up to them to decide what they do. My mom smokes and i dont mind it, just as long as she keeps the smoke away from me because it irritates my chest. However i have actually smoked myself before just to try it, not a cigarette, a cigar, i didnt hate it or anything but i didnt see what the big fuss was about. I guess its just not my thing. =/

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Honestly, it's the smoker's choice to begin smoking. I have seen what it does to people, there are people my age who get cigarettes illegally and they look absolutely terrible - they have horrible acne, dreary eyes, ugly teeth... and they're always tired and miserable until they do another smoke. It's depressing. I would never smoke, but I think it's a choice if you want to really do that to yourself.

Years
  • My father has a cafe so im used to the smoking oh and the whole smoking in the bathrooms at school so whatever i dont mind smoking. Mind you though i never smoked in my life and i do not plan to.

:P haha you haven't smoked? I think not. You've passive smoked (which is inhaling what smokers exhale) which is much worse for you then actual smoking.

For me, I don't mind if people smoke, the permanent smell it gives off is quite attractive but I don't want anyone in my family smoking.

I've smoked before, just to try it. (Paper, and actual cigarettes) But that's just trying.

Im not really bothered by it tbh, its up to them to decide what they do. My mom smokes and i dont mind it, just as long as she keeps the smoke away from me because it irritates my chest. However i have actually smoked myself before just to try it, not a cigarette, a cigar, i didnt hate it or anything but i didnt see what the big fuss was about. I guess its just not my thing. =/

Your chest thing is because you're not used to it. Not telling you to do so, but if you smoke for a while that chest problem will go away slowly (provided you are not allergic to tobacco, tar and all those other stuff in cigarettes, and your lungs are fine)

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    I think it's disgusting, and can do long-term damage to your body. I don't see anything good about it either. Both of my parents are heavy smokers and our house smells like the stuff all the time. There are alot of people at my high-school who smoke. It's something I never plan on doing myself.​

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
  • I, for one, am for smoking. I don't smoke, and I can't stand the smell, and I constantly wish some eco-terrorist group would put poison in the cigarettes. BUT, they tax the hell out of cigarettes, and with the number of people smoking, and starting to smoke, increasing every day, that's a LOT of money for the government.

Proof: "In 1996, Americans spent a total of $45 billion for
    cigarette products. Of the total, approximately $13
    billion went to federal and state taxes, which accounted
    for 30 percent of the retail price of cigarettes." -Some Phillip Morris study I think.

Also, for the people that smoke and are worried about their health and are trying to quit, they should have quit by now if they were REALLY motivated by their health.

So, anyone want to discuss this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    :
    Your chest thing is because you're not used to it. Not telling you to do so, but if you smoke for a while that chest problem will go away slowly (provided you are not allergic to tobacco, tar and all those other stuff in cigarettes, and your lungs are fine)

That's not true. My friend has been smoking for I think 2 years now, and before he started, he never used to complain, but recently, he started complaining about chest pains.
    As for me, I'm against tobacco, however, I'm not against smoking in general.
    Just tobacco. I have insomnia, so I smoke to make me fall asleep. I used to smoke cigarettes, but I realized I wasn't benefiting from it, so I stopped.
    Also, it's way too addictive to be legal. My friends go through way too much just to get a pack that's only gonna last them 4 days.

Vie

Years
  • well, I must confess, I smoked when I was younger, but I stopped and now I'm against it. I never smoke bong or shi-sha at the weekend when my mates do.
    And I'm proud of it! :D

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Look, no one should support smoking at all. It doesn't only affect the health of the smoker, but everyone around him/her. It is an addictive drug that we could do without. Sure, it brings in a lot of tax, but I would rather be poor with good money than rich with evil money that I have earned from exploiting peoples' weaknesses. It seems that the world today operates on peoples' weaknesses and exploits them for money. And now it all turns back on us.

Back