• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smoking

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    i've smoked weed but never tobacco.

i dont imagine myself ever enjoying smoking tobacco, nor do i imagine myself enjoying how expensive it is. i wouldn't be opposed to trying it once, but it still isn't very appealing to me. imo there are much better ways to relax and i'm naturally not a stressed person at all, so i don't think i would ever need to turn to it for relaxation.

i kind of like it when there's a faint smell of a cigarette in the air when i'm walking through the city or something though

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Some people are allergic to the VG and it causes rashes and lung irritation and scarring. Nicotine however has a few different dangerous side effects and often when you vape you get a lot more nicotine. There's been several poisonings from being less than careful refilling pens and I myself have gotten rashes from it.

Nicotine basically has this effect on the body: increased heart rate, constricted blood vessels, and it also thins the blood and reduces the bodies ability to clot.

I dunno if it does more than that, those are just the ones I can recall from memory.

Also I've been told you can test for a VG allergy by putting some on your hand and seeing if you get a rash however I highly recommend NOT doing that unless you have 100% VG (for mixing your own flavors) because nicotine is absorbed through the skin and you might end up with a very large amount in your body all at once and accidentally poison yourself. When you vape you use very small quantities and exhale some too.

I think everyone should research what they put into their bodies. Food, medicine (even doctor recommended) everything. Its important to know what you're doing to yourself, although I'm the kind of person who still drinks way too much, and vapes. I'm not very good to myself but at least I'm aware of it.

...yeah I'd definitely end up experimenting with how much nicotine I can take in before stuff starts going wrong, haha. I mean they sound great but if they're delivering that much more of the addictive part of smoking, surely they're really hard to stop? Like, even harder than regular cigarettes?

On the topic of e-cigs, one of my coworkers smokes one. There's so little smell to it that she can get away smoking it in a grocery store. :V No one notices because it's so inconspicuous.

Don't you think that's awesome, though? That you can smoke and not bother anyone with it at all? I do, but then again, I'd love to be able to smoke anywhere haha. Of course it's not awesome that anyone smokes in the first place, but.

I've always felt disgusted by people who smoke, to be honest \:

:\

I get that you dislike smoking but remember that these are real people who you're writing off as "disgusting" just because of one thing that they do. I mean, yeah, smoking's bad but you're so bothered by it that anyone who does it is instantly a disgusting person in your eyes? Really? Maybe I'm just personally bothered that anyone'd think I'm automatically disgusting because I'm a smoker, and maybe it's because over here and especially in the city I live in it's a really common thing to do and no-one bats an eyelid at smokers, but I don't get how you can judge an entire person just by if they have a cigarette in their hand or not.

Unless I've misinterpreted this and it's meant to say "I find the act of smoking disgusting", but to me it's really reading like "people who smoke are disgusting".

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
    ...yeah I'd definitely end up experimenting with how much nicotine I can take in before stuff starts going wrong, haha. I mean they sound great but if they're delivering that much more of the addictive part of smoking, surely they're really hard to stop? Like, even harder than regular cigarettes?

Don't you think that's awesome, though? That you can smoke and not bother anyone with it at all? I do, but then again, I'd love to be able to smoke anywhere haha. Of course it's not awesome that anyone smokes in the first place, but.

I get that you dislike smoking but remember that these are real people who you're writing off as "disgusting" just because of one thing that they do. I mean, yeah, smoking's bad but you're so bothered by it that anyone who does it is instantly a disgusting person in your eyes? Really? Maybe I'm just personally bothered that anyone'd think I'm automatically disgusting because I'm a smoker, and maybe it's because over here and especially in the city I live in it's a really common thing to do and no-one bats an eyelid at smokers, but I don't get how you can judge an entire person just by if they have a cigarette in their hand or not.

Unless I've misinterpreted this and it's meant to say "I find the act of smoking disgusting", but to me it's really reading like "people who smoke are disgusting".

I never experimented with how much I could take in. I just kinda know the feeling of too much and stop there. You'll get really dehydrated and feel almost hungover if you take in too much so be very careful and drink plenty of water. The VG especially dehydrates you, but it really gives a more authentic feel so I like it :D They are every bit as addictive as analog though you're right. I hate going anywhere without mine. You can get your liquids in 0mg 8mg 12mg 16mg and 18mg (or more?) so you know how much nicotine you're taking in though. I usually vape between 12 and 18 (1.5ml of 18 is like a pack of cigs I believe) I stepped down to 12 today and I notice it, but cotton candy is so good I couldn't say no!

Also I think sometimes one action is all it takes to find someone disgusting. If someone was otherwise a model citizen, active in their community ect but had a fetish for drinking out of a toilet for example I would find them disgusting. Sometimes people have negative opinions about things you do and like and there's nothing you can do to change that except change yourself. And you should never change yourself for one person.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    I smoke, but i don't smoke regular cigarettes, if u know what i mean ^^

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    What's your general opinion on smoking?
    I hate it.

Have you ever smoked?
    Hell no.

Will you ever smoke?
    HELL no.

I despise smoking so much. I think it's disgusting and unattractive. I understand some people do it because they're stressed/angry/whatever, but I hate it. I won't say anything to them about it because it's not my place to tell them what to do or what not to do, but if someone starts smoking around me I'll either ask them to stop or move. I don't want to smell it, I don't want to smell like it, and I don't want to be near it. End of story.

Years

Ah, sorry, I didn't mean for it to come out that way D: I meant the act, not that the people are disgusting, that would be rude. But I do try to steer clear of them, or at least outside a certain radius, simply because of the breathing issues that it causes for me \:

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
    Personally, I don't have an issue with it. My parents both used to smoke, so that rubbed off a little on me. I've only ever done it when I'm extremely stressed, as it really is the only way I know of that calms me down quickly enough. I can't really count how many times I've smoked, but it isn't a daily thing.

However, breathing smoke in my face and smoking in close proximity to children can really annoy me.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    Some enlightenment for those of you who are saying that it's a waste of money and should be illegal:

Is going to the cinema a waste of money? Is buying sugary, unhealthy snacks a waste of money? What about going to McDonalds as a lunch option, is that a waste of money? Going out with your partner for an evening meal, that must also be a waste of money, right?

If you want smoking prohibited, that also means we'll have to prohibit every other consumable luxury. And I bet nearly everyone who uses Pokecommunity is guilty of the four examples above.

The fact is that those of us who do smoke do not necessarily consider it to be a waste of money. I sure don't.

Allow me to elaborate further on why I don't smoke. I did Cross Country Running when I was in high school. Plus I still run sometimes. If I took up smoking, it would ruin my running ability. Plus by not buying cigarettes, I can use the money for much better things, like making a donation to the relief effort for dealing with the Oso Mudslide.

Years
    Do what you want. Doesn't bother me a bit. Not my business anyway.

Do you smoke? Have you ever smoked?
    Nope, never have. Honestly, it might be a miracle, considering I worked in a store where everyone smoked for 4 years.

Will you ever smoke?
    No. If I like it, I'll get addicted to it. I don't have money to keep up the habit either. Oh, and I guess it's bad for my health too. It's sad that I'm more worried about blowing money if I started...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I don't like smoking. I did not like it when my mom brought me over to her chain-smoking friend's house after picking me up from school. I did not want to sit in that for an hour. I don't like how my older brother and his girlfriend smoke around their kid, and they don't have the money to afford cigarettes anyway. My dad used to smoke, but he quit when his kids were born, and I'm thankful for that.

I haven't ever considered smoking, past, present, future.

Years
    It took my dad 3 tough years to quit smoking; I'm not going to get into it myself.

I usually don't care what others do and I guess I shouldn't mind people destroying their bodies, but I am a bit of a ***** when it comes to others smoking around me. Simply put, keep that **** away me.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    Smoking is, and always will be disgusting. It is a horrible habit, tastes horrible, smells horrible, and degrades your health status. I don't care if it gives you a buzz or looks cool, it's a turn off, a dealbreaker, and is stupid. It's a choice you made and it will make you unhealthy.
    did writing this make you feel good about yourself or something? seeing people write things like this gets my goat. like, it's not your choice whether or not someone smokes, and they're not automatically a disgusting person because they're doing it. nor is it "stupid." it is very much a choice they made, and I think they're well aware it has the potential to make them unhealthy.

personally, I don't smoke (well I'm 15 so that'd be a bit odd anyway if I did) but I can see myself being a Casual Pot Smoker in the future, tbh. but then again, probably not.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    -"Smoking is bad, okay?"
    I'm just teasing.. But I generally don't like smoking or people who smoke. I would not date a person who smokes because the smell and taste grosses me out.

Do you smoke? If yes then how often/how many cigarettes per day?
    -Nope

Have you ever smoked?
    -Yes I have once.. It wasn't as rad as I thought it would be and I don't plan on doing it again...

Will you ever smoke?

-"I've been there. I've done that and I refuse to go back."

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    No, it did not. It is not my choice whether someone decides to smoke or not. But not everyone realizes that it is unhealthy. Most start doing it because they want a buzz or because it makes them look cool.

The facts clearly spell out that smoking is indeed bad for you. Also, if you go on a huge networking site like Reddit, most users agree that smoking is a dealbreaker in most relationships and is a turn off for most people.

It's a choice, it's gross, it hurts you, has the ability to give you cancer, and makes you smell like burning cigarettes.

I have nothing against pot... just tobacco. My father smoked all his life and seeing him quit makes me proud. He knows it is bad for him. He has stopped coughing so bad, smelling like smoke, and being so grumpy. He even lost over 20 pounds (and he didn't change anything in his diet. Just quit smoking and being lazy).
    sorry that my original post sounded so pissy, I dunno what I was doing haha. I can understand your (and other peoples') thoughts on the matter especially considering you have past history with it in your family evidently. I dunno.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2014
    • What's your general opinion on smoking?

• Do you smoke? If yes then how often/how many cigarettes per day?

• Have you ever smoked?

• Will you ever smoke?
    - Disgusting habit, but if people want to destroy their lungs more power to them.
    - Don't smoke.
    - Once, just to try it out. Didn't like it one bit.
    - Never, I prefer to be fit and have a healthy set of lungs.

Back