• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Smugleaf" as Tsutaaja's English name [ #4 ]

Your thoughts on the name "Smugleaf"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Let's just put it this way.

Any person I battle with a Tsutarja named Smugleaf, I will be disconnecting and never giving it a second thought >_>

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Let's just put it this way.

Any person I battle with a Tsutarja named Smugleaf, I will be disconnecting and never giving it a second thought >_>

Because you're petty...?

Just because someone likes a certain name is no reason to do something like that...

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    OK, I instantly fell in love with Tsutaaja. The fan names for any of the pokemon never caught up to me. I honestly got confused when people started using them =/

If they made Tsutaaja's english name Smugleaf, i'd shoot myself and have a "Smugleaf" named Kaa...

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I like Smugleaf. :> I think it really fits him, and it also sounds good (in my opinion.) :)
    Boarbeque better be Pokabu's English name. <3 <3 <3

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
    Smugleaf?!?!
    I like Tsutaaja too much for it to be insulted with that name D:
    Hope Pokemon USA has a little more creativity

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm not petty and don't insult me pelase.

Just before this "discussion" continues, if you both have anything further to say, relate it to the original thread topic.

Pikachu fan

SUSANOOMON IS NOT AMUSED
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    I don't like the name Smugleaf, so NO they shouldn't call it Smugleaf.
    BUT, Wotter is an awesome name for Mijumaru, they should use that one.
    but, not Smugleaf for Tsutarja, no no no no NO!!!

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    "Smugleaf" as Tsutaaja's English name [ #4 ]

If she weren't so smug, maybe I'd be against it.

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I don't like the name... but I'm not really fond of the pokemon either, so it doesn't matter much to me.

ponpasdejabon

Gothithelle in Wah!
    Years
    Puajjjj! i dont like "Smugleaf" for Tstuaaja, it's like "Smeargle + Leaf = Smugleaf??" i hope Tstuaaja english Name can be EVERY nname of the world, exepting Smugleaf.... It's Sounds like "Nose with something GREEN in it..."

I like (forTstuaaja...) a name like... i dont known, but NOT Smugleaf

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    If Smugleaf was the English name of that Pokemon, then that would mean that I would automatically switch my chooser to a grass type rather than a water type like I have been doing for years xD

Anyways, it wouldn't matter to me because one: i nickname all of my Pokemon and two: the Pokemon name doesn't matter; it's how the preform in battle that matters the most.....besides Purugly has a weird name and I don't judge it but it is in fact ugly xD

:t354:TG

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Puajjjj! i dont like "Smugleaf" for Tstuaaja, it's like "Smeargle + Leaf = Smugleaf??" i hope Tstuaaja english Name can be EVERY nname of the world, exepting Smugleaf.... It's Sounds like "Nose with something GREEN in it..."

I like (forTstuaaja...) a name like... i dont known, but NOT Smugleaf

How does it have anything to do with Smeargle? If you looked at any discussion prior to this you would recognize that it's named that because Tsutarja has the appearance of being smug or haughty. It's a literal Smug Snake.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    How does it have anything to do with Smeargle? If you looked at any discussion prior to this you would recognize that it's named that because Tsutarja has the appearance of being smug or haughty. It's a literal Smug Snake.
    That changed my mind for me. I realized that the name fits for its appearance.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I don't really care......much.
    I slightly lean towards no.
    Smugleaf is okay, but I would prefer something better.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I'd like some more options for Tsutaaja's English name. Heck, I'd just call it Tsutaaja no matter what it's English name is. So, no. thanks. aye.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back