• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Smugleaf" as Tsutaaja's English name [ #4 ]

Your thoughts on the name "Smugleaf"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    How would you feel if "Smugleaf" was the English name for Tsutaaja?

★ Happy?
    ★ Annoyed?
    ★ No opinion?

Time for a poll that strays away from the poll ideas we've had in previous weeks. This one is just a light "what if" kind of poll and by no means confirmed to be the English name. But! Since Smugleaf has been the most popular fan-made name for the B/W Pokemon, we figured this would bring up some interesting opinions.

If you have any poll ideas, feel free to PM Kaori or myself with them. We may not use them the following week after you have suggested them, but we're likely to consider them in the near future.

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Who came up with that name? >____> I need a better name for such an adorable Pokemon like Tsutaja! :>

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't care if Tsutarja's English name turns out to be Smugleaf. Smugleaf is a cool name, but I'm thinking that GameFreak may have their own ideas.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • Smugleaf sounds like an extremely ugly name... It says it's a grass snake pokemon on serebii, so lets see... Verslide (Snakes slide on the ground and we are talking about grass, ver is the root for green

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    His name is NOT Smugleaf! I'm so sick and tired of hearing that HORRIBLE name. His name is TSUTARJA! He's one of my top favourite Pokemon of Generation 5.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • His name is NOT Smugleaf! I'm so sick and tired of hearing that HORRIBLE name. His name is TSUTARJA! He's one of my top favourite Pokemon of Generation 5.
    We know that but it's a fan nickname, and besides we are talking about it's english name not it's Japanese name which we all know :)
    I don't care if that was it's name as I'm nicknaming mine Snivy :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I would hate it if he got that as an English name .__.

Buuuutttt Ima nickname mine Tsutsy anyway :D

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I don't really have an opinion on it. I wouldn't mind it, but I also wouldn't mind a different name lol.

Kamigoroshi

Moemon Hunter
    Years
  • In my opinion both the Pokemon and NPC names should remain with their orginal Japanese names, for every foreign release. Renaming them for different languages is unneeded and most of all unwanted. Nintendo/GAMEFREAK really should learn from this ever repeating mistake!

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Who made the name up? =| Anyways I don't think it matters, really. 0_o

Though smug sounds awfully wrong to me, and so... Yeah... Hope it doesn't end up being called "Smug"leaf. And yeah, I dunno the definition of smug, though I don't want to, xP

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Ugh, I can't stand that name, but there's no way that's going to happen, idk where that name even came from inb4 4chan

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014

We know that but it's a fan nickname, and besides we are talking about it's english name not it's Japanese name which we all know :)
    I don't care if that was it's name as I'm nicknaming mine Snivy :)

I know that lol! But this poll is asking about our opinion on his nickname, and that's my opinion. I really despise that nickname.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    i know it won't, but Every person who has a Tsutarja will probably call it Smugleaf anyways.

Why would they? Tsutarja isn't difficult to pronounce. And if it is, then calling Taja works. In the anime when Tsutarja talks he says "Taja" it's very simple.

I have this Pokemon, but I'll never call it Smugleaf.

Years
  • I would say 'Yes Please.'
    I'd probably be even more than 'Yes Please.' if they taken the name from the 'meme' and haven't thought about it at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back