• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Snip, Snap, Snip the Furfrou

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • In Vernal Avenue of Lumiose City, you can find Friseur Furfrou, it's the place where you can haircut Furfrou with one of many styles. What's your opinion on the Furfrou hair-cutting, and do you have favorite Furfrou style?

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I actually prefer Furfrou in his natural state the most, but I also like his Star Trim look. When I first caught my own Furfrou, I went out and got him the Star Trim. It turned out to be such a waste of money though, because the look didn't even last a day. If I recall, after I had put him in the PC for just a quick moment he reverted back to his natural form. Since then, I never really bothered to get him another trim again. It's a cute little feature though and makes Furfrou pretty unique in that aspect.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • I prefer the normal furfrou as well :( the styled ones just look cheesy and intrusive to me. I guess some people like them more than others? Though shiny furfrou look awesome in general.

Years
  • I prefer Furfrou in it's natural state, as well. I do like the feature and think it adds a little customization and immersion into taking care of your Pokemon along with Pokemon-Amie. When I realized the trim reverts to normal when storing it in a PC, I never bothered to do it again.

MonoSpectator

Neighborhood Psycho
    Years
  • While I probably wouldn't groom my Furfrou until I got a shiny one, I like the Deputante, Kabuki, and La Reine trims. I only wish that the trims didn't revert when you put it in the PC. However, I probably wouldn't trim my Furfrou for awhile ^^"

Years
  • I like the top hat one and the kabuki one. Still prefer to not buzz the guy.

I hope they don't shave cats

IcePrincess

Ice & Ghost Type Lover ♥
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Don't really like Furfrou but I prefer normal hairstyle!

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Yeah, since putting it in the PC causes the hair to revert to normal was the main reason I kept my Furfrou in my team until I beat the game. She was a solid team member, but not terribly exciting....

The owner of the store is a liar. I went and got a haircut more than once or twice within a 5-day period (which she says 5 days is the max it will last), but even with all of those cuts it still expired early! :(

I was hoping there would be some cool item reward for keeping her groomed for a certain amount of days. Mega-Furfrou maybe? lol

Years
  • I never gave mine a haircut and the incentive to do so was even lower for me when I read that they lose the cut when boxed. I shuffle my Pokemon around a lot so it would've been a waste as I'd probably have boxed the little guy in a day or two. :(

Years
  • I have to admit, out of the Pokemon with special gimmicks, Furfrou actually has decently good stats. While I haven't played X and Y yet, I do have to say my fave trim is the Star Trim. I just love the blue color on that one, but the normal Furfrou as well.

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    I really like the top hat one, but there's honestly no resl incentive for keeping them groomed and such, which is a disappointment. I was hoping it may unlock new styles or something

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Honestly, I don't really like any of them. I prefer to just keep my Furfrou natural.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Furfrou is my favorite Kalos Pokémon, and I absolutely adore the Deputante trim for females, like the one I used on my main team, but I also like the Dandy trim for males. It is kind of annoying that Furfrou reverts to normal when placed in the PC, but I never really minded it that much. Whenever I planned to use my Furfrou for a while, I would just fly back to Lumiose City and get her trimmed again.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • I like the top hat trim and the star trim the most. I named my Furfrou ✯Mad Billz✯ after the Tumblr post so the top hat would probably fit him haha.
    You better not be messin' with ✯Mad Billz✯ o' you'll be mad killz

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    I really like the idea for customizing the pokes looks. However, I wish they had separate subcategories for the trims to mix and match like: head, body, legs, and tail. Nothing too specific, maybe some common color options as well. I'd really like to match the head style for the star-trim and keep everything else in the natural style. But since I can't, I settled with the star-trim.

Back