• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Snorlax Help

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    Okay. I want to put a Snorlax on my future NB team, but I need alot of help with it. XD I'm talking EV's, Nature, Hold Item, MS, the works. XD So if anyone is up to the job, here it is. ^^;

This is as far as I've gotten so far. XD

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Nature: Careful
    Trait: Immunity
    EV's: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Defense, 6 Attack
    Toxic
    Rest
    Return/Doubledge???
    Attract/Shadow Ball???

Probably as soon as you look at this you think I am a complete pyscho. Becuase Snorlax is meant to be either a Physical Sweeper, or a Curselax. But I thought of making a different Snorlax than the OU kind. I thought of making him a Special Tank! I thought, he has the stats, High HP and Sp. Defense, why not make him one? It would be something the opponent wouldn't expect when I send out a Snorlax. He could Toxicate them, then possibly use Attract to prevent damage, use Rest when at low health, and have a Powerful Normal Attack move/Shadow Ball for Ghost types, and to take advantage of his Attack Power. If this doesn't seem like a decent idea to you, please explain to me why, so I can avoid making a stupid mistake like this, and make the proper changes to Snorlax. Thanks! ^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2005
    Curselax and sublax can special tank too so a specific snorlax moveset isnt needed

Snorlax@Leftovers
    Adamant
    - Curse
    - Shadow Ball
    - Brick Break
    - Rest/Return/Double-Edge/Body Slam

Snorlax@Leftovers
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Shadow Ball
    - Rest/Return/Double-Edge/Body Slam/Curse

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    Demonion said:
    Curselax and sublax can special tank too so a specific snorlax moveset isnt needed

Snorlax@Leftovers
    Adamant
    - Curse
    - Shadow Ball
    - Brick Break
    - Rest/Return/Double-Edge/Body Slam

Snorlax@Leftovers
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Shadow Ball
    - Rest/Return/Double-Edge/Body Slam/Curse

I realize that, but by creating an entire MS around it and by making Snorlax a Sp. Tank to its full potential, I have surprise over my opponent, (Hopefully XD) and I don't need another Physical Sweeper on my team, which is what both of your suggested MS's are. =/

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    ^Thanks for the set. Its pretty much the same as mine, except for the addition of Substitute, which could block Status inducing moves. Though I'm not sure if this would be too helpful, because Rest already removes the status moves after they are inflicted. =/

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2005
    Snorlax@Leftovers
    - Amnesia
    - Rest
    - Curse/Shadow Ball/Brick Break/Rock Slide/Whatever

If you want special tankage...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    Demonion said:
    Snorlax@Leftovers
    - Amnesia
    - Rest

If you want special tankage...

Good point. I completely forgot about Amnesia. XD Now I'm thinking to have a set like this:

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Moveset:
    Amnesia
    Rest
    Toxic
    Shadow Ball/HP Flying/Return etc.

King Internet

Banned
    Years
  • This is the most useless set ever. Stop wasting Snorlax's attack with that BS and use a different set. If you want to use Toxic, use Blissey. You obviously do not know what a tank is- A tank is a pokemon that uses it's defenses to stall for time while using stat uppers. For instance, Curselax and Calm Minding Suicune are tanks, and Blissey is a wall.

That set makes me cringe. At the absolute most, you will be seeing "Snorlax used Toxic! It doesn't effect Skarmory..." in every battle.

........... WOW

Years
  • That set is just asking for Gengar or some other rester to kick the crap out of it. If you plan is to waste a lot of time, rest, and then have them roar/whirldwind you out or simply kill you with Medicham (or the like) go for it.

Aaron5367

The Legendary Spriter
    Years
  • You could try this its a good idea...

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Snore
    Rest
    Return
    Shadow Ball

Just an idea I still dont like the shadow ball idea though....

Thanks,
    Aaron

Kholdstaire

ph33r me. rawr
    Years
    • Age 37
    • NC
    • Seen May 1, 2006
    Aaron5367 said:
    You could try this its a good idea...

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Snore
    Rest
    Return
    Shadow Ball

Just an idea I still dont like the shadow ball idea though....

Thanks,
    Aaron

No, bad =[

Snore sux. Go with Sleep Talk if you use a sleeping move >.>

Back