• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Snorlax vs Regice

Which is the better Special Wall?

• Regice

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Snorlax

Votes: 20 83.3%

• Total voters

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Well, there's no comparison to Blissey as a Special Wall, so let's discuss the other two. Which do you think is more useful?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

This isn't about who would win, it's about who is better.

Anyways, I've always preferred Snorlax. Sure Regice totally owns Metal Sound Zapdos, but Snorlax gets Curse and has been a feared Pokemon ever since G/S/C. If Regice got Calm Mind, it would be better, but as of now, all it can do in sp. attack boosting is Psych Up on a CMing opponent. What Regice could really use is an attack that boosts Sp. Attack AND Defense.

Also, I like that Snorlax is a bit more diverse than Regice in it's ability to learn several STABed moves (Body Slam, Return, Double-Edge, Selfdestruct). I've also been having fun with a special attacking Snorlax, just for laughs.

Golden Groudon

hi i'm golden groudon
    Years
    Imo snorlax. Regice does bullcrap to pokemons, adding the fact that he gets walled by walls. Snorlax can aleast bypaass skarm by fireblast.

Unless you are using something like Curse, EQ, ice beam, asdf regice -__-............

Last edited:

electricgrass

I'm a prodigy in progress
    Years
    snorlax because it has 1 weakness and then if it has enough curse it even kills that weakness but regice has 3 ways to die really quickly

Years
    Snorlax:
    Pro's-Has hugely huge HP. Has the ability Thick Fat, cuts Ice and Fire damage in half. Also has leftovers.
    Con's-If frozen then is useless. Doesn't have very good attacks, and has a low attack stat

Reigce
    Pro's-Uber, if it hits lvl 100, can be very useful. If you hit lvl 100 with it or anyother Regi- and then talk to the energy guru's wife about it, she'll give you 100 master balls.

Con's-Learns very few moves, main moves are Ice Attacks, 1/2 damage to snorlax.

Winner=SNORLAX!!! Just because he is resitant to many of Regice's attacks. Regice can win if it gets enough crits with blizzard.

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    Lax>Regice. Lax learns Curse, learns Amnesia, can physical attack, and can learn a couple of very strong attacks (Return/Frustration, Double-Edge, Shadow Ball, etc.) I use Lax on my OU team as a special sponge/physical attacker/stat upper on Umbry's charm protection. It works.

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Egyptian Sphinx said:
    I say Regice would eventually win against Snorlax

Even though Snorlax is a special wall that blocks al of Regice's attacks, and gets the ability Thick Fat which lessens Regice's Ice Beam even further.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Sorry, some of these are false:

Tuor said:
    Snorlax:
    Con's-If frozen then is useless. Doesn't have very good attacks
    So Return, Body Slam, Double-Edge, Selfdestruct, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Curse, Rest..none of those are good?

and has a low attack stat
    110 Base Attack…certainly not low at all

Reigce
    Pro's-Uber
    No, Regice is not uber, just legendary

if it hits lvl 100, can be very useful. If you hit lvl 100 with it or anyother Regi- and then talk to the energy guru's wife about it, she'll give you 100 master balls.
    WRONG. Don't post such rumors that are obviously not true

Golden Groudon

hi i'm golden groudon
    Years
    Tuor said:
    Pro's-Uber, if it hits lvl 100, can be very useful. If you hit lvl 100 with it or anyother Regi- and then talk to the energy guru's wife about it, she'll give you 100 master balls.

Also, if you give your mudkip a dragon scale, you win the game without beating the elite four.

Paradise

Don't PM me
    Years
    Purely Special Wall wise, I'll say that Regice has to win; it simply has 90 more Special Defense base stat points. The immunity to Metal Sound doesn't hurt either.

Usefulness wise, however, Snorlax is better; Regice is a cool starter, because it can T-Wave some stuff for Paralysis support, and BoltBeam with its Special Attack is always good, but otherwise, it doesn't really do much. Snorlax on the other hand can Curse up, making it the best wall in the game, and cause massive damage, even to Metal Sounders. Not to mention that STAB Self-Destruct owns. I'll vote for Snorlax.

Kataphraktoi

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Golden Groudon said:
    Also, if you give your mudkip a dragon scale, you win the game without beating the elite four.

If you have a even number of pikachu's on a odd day of the week, ho-oh appears on route 2 at level 100!~ITS TRUE

OK, smorlax>>>>regice. I dont even need to think about it because snorlax looks so much cooler. Besides that, snorlax has less weaknesses. BTW, I didnt even know about thick fat until the other day when i noticed he had the ability. 0.o Yeah whoops lol.

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Kataphraktoi said:
    OK, smorlax<regice.
    Are you sure you didn't mean Snorlax>>>>>Regice? Snorlax is definitely better than Regice. Despite the fact that Regi has more SAtk points, it also has more weaknesses AND cannot sweep an entire team. On stats alone, Regi has an advantage, but in playability it is quite inferior.

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    Synchronize said:
    Even though Snorlax is a special wall that blocks al of Regice's attacks, and gets the ability Thick Fat which lessens Regice's Ice Beam even further.
    Who uses Thick Fat on Lax though? Maybe it is better but I like Immunity more.

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    e4protector said:
    Who uses Thick Fat on Lax though? Maybe it is better but I like Immunity more.

Just about everyone I know uses Thick Fat, alternating between that and Immunity from time to time.

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    hmm...regice is a better special wall and a good lead with Twave and immunity to metal sound...However snorlax is overall more useful with curse and massive HP.
    My vote is for him.

*and i now read Paradise's post and realise I said exactly what he said...whatever.

Kataphraktoi

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    shanecdavis said:
    Are you sure you didn't mean Snorlax>>>>>Regice? Snorlax is definitely better than Regice. Despite the fact that Regi has more SAtk points, it also has more weaknesses AND cannot sweep an entire team. On stats alone, Regi has an advantage, but in playability it is quite inferior.

Fixed my post.

I dont like immunity because i will use rest often. It therefore has less value to me.

Back