• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Snowpoint City

xX Untouchable Xx

Everything Is Awesome!
Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    Did anyone here like the idea of the snowy routes and the Snowpoint City area?

Myself, I loved the idea, because I love snow (in real life) and Ice-type Pokemon.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Yeah, I loved it. The route and the city's change of scenery from the usual green to snowy white is definitely a breath of fresh air along with its beautiful music. Definitely a favourite.

Fokko

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2014
    Was my favorite part of the Sinnoh region. Especially the snowpoint temple where i caught the golem pokemon :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I loved this place; all other locations were mostly dry and filled with grasses, and seeing this one was definitely a breath of fresh air. Only thing that I would've liked as if it were actually bigger, but its current size is not that bad.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, most definitely loved it. Although I dislike the route with the blizzard as it can make my head ache a bit and my eyes go funny - thus restricting the amount of pokémon I can play :(

But otherwise I loved the snow graphics, and the music, and the pokémon even if I will never use Snover.

ShiningHelioptile

Powered by Netflix
    Years
  • I loved the music and the graphics. I'm a big fan of ice and snow areas in general most of the time. I didn't like the route with the blizzard because it was hell to get through.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • This is my favourite city in the whole Pokemon series. I absolutely LOVED Snowpoint. It was, if I'm correct; do correct if wrong, the very first main series city with snow. I loved the music and I liked the layout of the city...it's in a snowflake shape! I liked getting there too, unlike other people who hated the trek there. I liked the idea of having to plow through a blizzard to pursue your dream of ever getting to the Pokemon League, while accompanied with some amazing music. As for Pokemon you could catch in routes near Snowpoint, I had fun trying to get a Sneasel to fill my Dex.

The reason I love it is because I've always been fascinated with snow...I just love the appearance of it, and I was in love when I saw this place. ~

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Snowpoint City is one of my favorite places in Sinnoh, even though there isn't really a whole lot there. I looove the soundtrack and, weirdly enough, the sound that your character makes while walking through the snow. Anywhere else I would have thought it to be quite annoying to have to trudge through snow, but in Snowpoint it was surprisingly not aggravating at all.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Despite my hatred of the route leading up to Snowpoint City, the city itself had a really nice atmosphere to it. The gentle music, the beautiful snowfall, the Sneasal capturable on the outside and the temple just made it a really nice place.

Years
  • I loved Snowpoint City's environment because prior to this we never had proper snow in a Pokemon game before, it was really nice to look at but those routes leading up to it weren't so fun with all that hail crashing down and there's that annoying blizzard on Route 217. The fact you walked so slow in the snow didn't help either, and trust me lots of people hate walking at a snail's pace.

Years
  • ^ Including me, stupid snow routes.

But Snowpoint City was a nice place, even though Candice was never super hard for me in normal plays of the games. Music was nice, especially when you're there at night. And there's a Move Tutor in Platinum (albeit with arguably the worst moves of the three). A vast land of white, good stuff.

Back