• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So After Watching Geass Again...

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    ...for the third time...

Every time I watch this, I realize how much of a bad, bad comedy it actually is.

I mean, the first episode had Clovis being filled by a camera labeled "A CAMERA", the characters are just so...

I really don't know how to describe the characters, actually. They're all so deliciously off, that there's no way in hell you could fix them and still have Geass.

...so, does anyone else have any thoughts on this subject?

It's not about Geass itself, it's more about the wonderful WTFery of it.

CptnSmonge

Pineapple Pirate
    Years
    I think if you never second-guess the over-the-top dramedy of the show and always take it serious you have a show that can go down in the ages as one of the best.

I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt that the camera was some sort of japanese to english screw up, and it was supposed to be "A" Camera, or what is normally called Camera "A."

You want to read some funny stuff about a lot of the overt and realistic flaws of Code Geass I would suggest searching it on tvtropes. They're what make you second-guess the show after you watch it.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    I did take it seriously the first time. When SHE overcame her... disability on the Damocles, I nearly wet myself, just like the moments with Mao, Shirley, Euphie (...oh GODS. T_T)...

I think TVTropes probably did ruin it for me...

Anyway, I sort of lied. I'm actually on episode 6 of the third rewatch.

I'm going to take this series dead seriously, and drown in the awesome.

Your post has renewed me. I'm going to relive the first watching that made me gape in awe.

THANK YOU!!!

Back