• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So are you getting the Strategy Guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecat

just another day
Years
  • I want it, but the Johto/Knanto + National Dex Strategy Guide comes out next month, for the same price, I believe...

I don't think Johto Guide (although I'm sure the Pokedex is complete) is a part of the book that comes out next month. I got the book that came out today, and it says "Volume 1" on the spine. Plus on Amazon, it just says Kanto in the title. :/

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • When I play the games over the summer, I won't have internet. So I will

a) Download a GameFaqs guide and use it, and

b) Use my brother's copy of the guide since he WILL be getting it and use it for the maps. And the pretty pictures. And the witty content... oh, snap, I forgot, there is no witty commentary in NP/Prima guides...

c) Go based on my playthrough of Crystal last summer and how I still remember a good portion of it.

Phantom Kat

A Daydreamer Longing To Write
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    Nah. Even though I have multiple game guides (PMD: Blue and Red Rescue Team, PMD2: Explorers of Time and Darkness, and LoZ: Phantom Hourglass), I won't. I've only played like ten minutes of Crystal *gets stoned*, so I don't know the storyline. I can't wait to play through Soul Silver and enjoy the storyline. I'll only refer to the internet when I'm super stuck and to check where I can catch the Pokemon I want on my team.

- Kat

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • Yeah I picked up the guide as well as Heart Gold and loved the 10% off. I actually do use it since I haven't played G/S/C in such awhile I actually did forget somethings. XD

harmonic ♫

red is a pain in the a'
    Years
  • No, because the internet is free, except for the monthly part, so I'm not gonna waste an extra $20 because I'm cheap.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Do I need it? No
    Do I want it? No
    Did I get it? Yes
    My mom picked it up for me with the Games because she knows how much stress I've been under lately~ :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I Went this morning at Noon when the Store opened, Was the first one to get it. And that was the first store to open that sold the game. :S
    So i was prob one of the first in my city to get it.

Then i went back a little while after to Buy the book.
    I Like to buy the book since well, I don't know, Like to overlook if i missed anything, and if i get bored i can look through the book since it shows minigames, and it also tells you things you can do if you havent already done so.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    strategy guides for any game are pretty much useless now a days, especially with the internet. the only time i ever got one was for the original red and blue because i was only 6 and had no idea how to use the internet

Years
  • No, I already know this game inside out, and even though it is a great collector's item, I passed. I got the Ho-oh pre-order figure, however, so I am still satisfied ;3

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I feel like I'm cheating whenever I use a strategy guide, the 96-page manual is enough for me. It's also really expensive.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I got the D/P strategy guide and used it on occasion, but it's much simpler to just search my issue on the internet than to look through the book. I'm obviously s.o.l. if my internet/power goes out, but it's not the end of the world.
    I do think the Pokédex was the most useful "guide" I've bought in the past few years, especially if I'm traveling and get the sudden urge to draw a Pokémon but can't remember what exactly it looks like.

Pokemafia

I only got it because you get it half price with the game, for newbies it's actually quite good.

TapouT

this
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 8, 2015
    I just either use neoseeker or gamefaqs or serebii. Would be WAY too embarrassed to go out and buy it anyways.

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I played the original Gold, and the plot is the same so I know what I am doing. Besides, I still have my old magazine, which was a walkthrough, and as good as this guide crap. And it was only £3.50 xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back