• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So Dipu and River are awesome first names! Now I was thinking...

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Nick

Yup, that's about as original as it gets! I do kind of like it though. I'm probably just used to it, but I like Nicholas a bit better. It's what I normally go by. Although, it does get a little annoying when there's three Nicks in one place.

TY

I hate my name so so much lately... Can I have a real life name change?

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    My real name is Megan, which is fairly common. It was supposed to be Meagan but as soon as I as born, the nurses kept calling me "mee-gan" which is definitely not how it's pronounced. xD So my mom switched it to Megan to avoid having those issues in the future.

I like my name even though it's common. ^^
    I think it suits me.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    My name is pretty uncommon here, in Bulgaria, let alone in other countries. Boy, do I hate it. >_>

Богдана

^ GL trying to read it. ^^

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
    I go by either Renée or Cera, but my first name's hyphenated and I hate it.

I've had to get over the fact that my parents couldn't agree on a name, so instead made it stupid, but it still sucks.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I like my name :) It's a pretty nice name, and I feel like it fits me fairly well.

Also I'm transgender so I chose it myself...so it kinda goes without saying that I like it. My birth name was meh, not a bad name for a guy I guess, just pretty bland and unremarkable. Still working on making Catherine my legal name.

Last edited:

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    My first name is Brenden, pretty damn common except for the spelling. I never met anyone else with my name with the same spelling. There is a hockey player named Brenden Morrow, he's the only one I know of that uses the 2 E's though.

My last name is a lot more uncommon, never met or heard of anyone that shared my last name.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    My birth name? I hate it because I didn't choose it; simple, really. I think it should be an inalienable right for every adult to choose their own name; sadly, it's very difficult in most countries.

My name is pretty uncommon here, in Bulgaria, let alone in other countries. Boy, do I hate it. >_>

Богдана

^ GL trying to read it. ^^
    Without looking anything up...Vordana? I keep forgetting what Б is.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    I'm OK with my first name, although I don't go by it. Christopher, I like it. However, I go by my middle name, Mitchell, which I like even more. I'm not religious, and don't mean to sound full of myself or cocky, but Mitchell means: "The One Who Is Like God." Yep. I like my name. Both of them.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
    I like mine quite a bit. The only problem is hardly anyone pronounces it right because it has an é in it.

I'm transgender though so I had to pick mine, and thus I was kind of guaranteed to pick a name I liked. My birth name was...okay? I won't be legally known as Téa for a very long time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I"ve never met or heard of anyone with the same first name as myself (I know what you're thinking and no, it is not Trogdor). That and I've also never met or heard of anyone with my last name besides my dad and my sisters. The only thing I like about my name is that I never get mistaken for anyone else. What surprises me though is that almost everyone spells correctly. I do however hate my my middle name because half the guys I know happen to have the same one.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm not that into my first name. It's another one of those semi-common, bland sounding names (no offense to others with the same name but like it). At the time, my parents thought it was unique and cool sounding....only to discover that many other kids had the same name. But then again, I'm kind of a boring person, so I guess it kinda fits, and I wouldn't really know what to change it to anyway.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Absolutely hate my first name, that's why I use a different online alias that I would prefer to be used for the people who know XP Not entirely sure the reason why I hate my name because I personally don't think it's that common of a name, but it just doesn't roll off the tongue as smoothly as I would want it to :c

Took the words right out of my mouth, lol. My real name isn't terribly common, but I still think it's boring so I still dislike it. You can't even make any cute nicknames out of it, it's too short and simple.
    Then again, my parents didn't have long to pick a name. My ultrasound said I'd be a little boy.. imagine my parents' surprise.. Mother says it's because my father argued with her so much over the name, so when they found out they were actually having a girl, mom looked at dad and said, "Don't ever argue with me again." xP

Either way, I don't care much for it. For awhile I went by Alina because I thought it was pretty, but I've been feeling Silent Hilly over the past few years so I adopted the name Alessa, and now most of my friends even call me Alessa. :3

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    George. England has a prince by my name. It's not overly common, not overly rare. I like it and wouldn't want to change it even if I was paid to. Got it off my grandfather, and he was a wonderful man for the 9 years I knew him. I hope I can give my name as many positive connotations as he did~

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    I used to hate my name because i usually was the only one in class or place with that name, but i looked into it and i really like it now.

Idan means a period of time, era, or age. That's a really cool name. I asked my mom about it and she said "I called you Idan because i knew you'll be a big,important guy who'll hopefully change an era, and also because you started my time as a mother, you're my first child". Then we had an "Hug-it-out" thing.

Years
    Janna is a fairly unique first name here in the US, don't think I've seen anyone else with it. But I'm Russian where it's more on the uncommon side so yeah! I really like my name even though a lot of people don't pronounce it properly.

Back