• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, do you SR for shiny legends? (And why?)

Do you SR (soft-reset) for shiny legends?

• Total voters

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
    Years
    I tried it with Uxie and after the first five resets I got bored and stopped. I'm way to impatient lol.

Ayselipera

I don't care for shinys in the first place. Legendary or not. So I don't bother looking for shiny legendaries. I don't even bother looking for regular shinys.

The reason is because I hate just about all the shiny colorings for every Pokemon, besides about two. Plus once I find a shiny all I do is have it rot in my pc box. I guess I just don't see the thrill.

So since I've never gone shiny hunting all my shiny Pokemon have been random findings. Which I find to be more rewarding in a way. :D
    plus I always forget how to soft reset. :3

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Well, it depends on whether I want the shiny or not, but if I do then yeah, Ill soft reset for static and running for hours at a time till i get it. But its rare for me to like a shiny legendary i like. The only shiny legends i like are Regice and Suicune so its not really worth it.

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It's not worth resetting over and over wait to get something that you have a 1 in 2000 something chance of getting.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    That's the point of it, though. Once you achieve it, you have a very rare Pokémon which you can trade or show off :P

But I agree that it is a waste of time when there are much faster methods available. I caught a shiny Regice in 10 minutes (including actually capturing it).

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    i like to i tried it on dialga btu he didnt come out shiny i guess you gota do it loads so im gona try it on soulsilver

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I have SR'ed for shinies in the past, but nowadays I just SR for natures and IV's, more than anything.

Back