• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So.... does the term "veteran" exist for these forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
I have been here a while. Heck I rememer when there were no such thing as a RPsample. Or when plots were only 2 sentences and they had dang near 100 post, if not more. I am trying to remember what got me to PC to begin with. I think I was looking for pokemon stuff on Yahoo and i got a link here. I have been a member ever since. I miss the good ol' days. when PC had a few hundred members instead of how ever many we have now. A whole heck of alot. If PC was still like that, Reputation would still be here.
My greatest memory would have to be there wasn't as much flaming spaming. I did it way to many times before I learned. Or when I was temp banned for a week(not saying why). I almost died! I couldn't go to PC for a week. But hey, I still love it here. I always will, even if the newbies PM to be your friend and when you say yes just to be nice, you never speak to them again. LOL Well, I can't imagine leaving PC.
But I am no vet. I might be in 2 or 3 years when people are like "I remember when..." Then I can say, yep I was there. I love it here and there isn't anything but a ban to stop me from coming!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
DragonTrainer said:
Waaa, since when were you not an S-Mod miyu?
Since like some time ago. XD

YoMama said:
There aren't as many people on these days. You can tell because the DCCs are really dead now.
The reason why the DCC isn't big anymore is because ones like Jack, Simon, Kura, Paige, Chibi, (and others) aren't around or just don't post in the thread anymore. The DCC always had a few main posters and that was it.

bna_li said:
Hardly ever see any of his posts.
Because he's never on PC to post, it's just MSN now (I do hope once the new systems comes out him and others will come back to PC to talk about games, set up online battles, and all that).

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
YoMama said:
There aren't as many people on these days. You can tell because the DCCs are really dead now.
DDC did give a percentage of PC actvity. Then it changed. Starting with seperate DCCS
Arcanine said:
The reason why the DCC isn't big anymore is because ones like Jack, Simon, Kura, Paige, Chibi, (and others) aren't around or just don't post in the thread anymore. The DCC always had a few main posters and that was it.
*hopes that he is one of the others*

So true Andy. ;;

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
Wow, I wonder if I'm a veteran :]

... January 2003, but I was a lurker since December 2002. was my register date. I miss the old PC. That used to be fun. Cool memories. I see some familiar... faces? Usernames, let's say that, I see some familiar usernames.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
^^NICK^^ v.3.0 said:

... January 2003, but I was a lurker since December 2002. was my register date. I miss the old PC. That used to be fun. Cool memories. I see some familiar... faces? Usernames, let's say that, I see some familiar usernames.
You're the only person that freaked me out enough to almost leave after my first post. XD
I'm not kidding, when ^^NICK^^ walked in my welcome thread with his freaky avy (well freaky to me since it was my first post) and the strange way of posting (sOrT oF lIkE tHiS XD) I was about to give up PC. XD

Years
Arcanine said:
You're the only person that freaked me out enough to almost leave after my first post. XD
I'm not kidding, when ^^NICK^^ walked in my welcome thread with his freaky avy (well freaky to me since it was my first post) and the strange way of posting (sOrT oF lIkE tHiS XD) I was about to give up PC. XD
He posted like that? I can't remember that.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 30, 2006
A veteran doesn't have to be well-known. A veteran is just someone who's stuck with this place for a very long time.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
;_; Oh wow, this thread brings back SO many memories. Am I the only one who remembers the Ikonboard version of PC now? ._.; I know Dakota was there (or was he?) but practically everyone else has gone since then. ><;

I'm basically as veteran as anyone can possibly get at PC. I joined it back in July or August of 2002 when it was still just an Ikonboard and back when the slogan was "e are working on a better slogan." I kinda forgot about it after summer ended and then, after my friend Cas' forums closed and she migrated here, I followed her to the forums--now vBulletin-based--after she said she had a fanclub (I was curious--that seemed like such a crazy idea at the time). The ONLY reason I'm here right now--since I wasn't planning on joining--was because I recognised the play on the slogan from the Ikonboard I'd joined earlier and found it hilarious. :X That's why I'll never support its change. xD So I've stayed here every since.

exemption said:
I'm quite a "vet" in the Pokémon community, being modded in two of the most popular forums (at the time), and I've been around these forums since late 2000; can't say I'm a veteran here with only 20 or so posts though, and I doubt I will be. It's a title earned when you've been around during the early days of a particular place. It's not something I willingly brag about though, as I moderate and take care of many forums with thriving communities that aren't related to Pokémon.

Though the actual definition of a veteran, legend, etc. Is suggestive. It all depends on your opinion and what you feel the definition of a veteran is, afterall.
You can't have been to these forums since 2000. They were opened in 2002. o_O Unless you meant on the Pokemon forum scene in general.
Akinari said:
It's funny how people who have join dates of "Oct 2003" claim to be "vets" nowadays... It's kind of fun... especially when they say that PC has "deteriorated" and the likes. Pfft! As if they've been here before. I've been in PC ever since Dakota still has that Charmeleon avatar and always ends his posts with "BOO YA!" I've been in PC when Cas spam attacks PC with her cronnies with "Kamikaze" all over the place. I remember when that idiot Admin Alakazam made a WWE forum without consent of staff. I remember when 22sa gave us the daily stats of the forums... and especially the old DCC. The golden age DCC. And especially when "The One Above" is the second most popular thread next to the DCC. I also remembered when there's only one thread for DCC... ever... ah the good old times.
xD! I remember that WWE forum! Jeez, Sean was so weird. I remember that time I kept closing his thread in Questions & Feedback because he, as an Admin, was flaming other members. So he threatened to demote and ban me for my actions--but then had to ask me how to demod people in the Admin CP! Like I'd tell him. XDD! Ah, the memories. XD
iamback said:
Ahh, good times, good times. The only one I don't remember is 22sa's daily stats of the forum , Cas attacking PC (although I do remember her), and the admin Alakazam making a WWE forum. I had joined in December 2002 under the name of 'screenshot_freak31'. Although many of the people I've known in the old PC don't go here anymore. :(
:O! Hey, I remember you. Or at least, that username definitely rings a bell. XD
Forest Grovyle said:
I've been at PC for way longer than my join date. XD I remember all those things, especially the Kamikaze attack! That was...odd. o_0 I seem to remember quite a few people getting caught up in that!

I remember the Charmeleon avatar and BOO ya!, too, and the enormity of "The One Above" thread :D Plus old art veterans like Orange*Berry, PSB, ML and the like...

--FG
The art mods. D: I miss them--Orange's art was so adorable and Moonlight...she just kinda dropped off the face of the earth, didn't she? T_T; She was cool; I think we were the only two Canadian staff members for a time after Sean was fired. I missed the KAMIKAZE bit though because I wasn't there that day. Good thing, too, since Cas was one of my best friends and I might have joined in and gotten banned. xD;
^^NICK^^ v.3.0 said:

Oh snap! It's you! o__O I haven't seen you in ages. Seriously...you definitely count as veteran in my books. XD How've you been!?

By the way, I know so few of you remember Cas, but she asked me once that if she's ever brought up again here, to tell everyone that she apologises for her actions. So there you go, I've told you all. XP

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Demyx said:
after my friend Cas' forums closed and she migrated here, I followed her to the forums--now vBulletin-based--after she said she had a fanclub (I was curious--that seemed like such a crazy idea at the time). The ONLY reason I'm here right now--since I wasn't planning on joining--was because I recognised the play on the slogan from the Ikonboard I'd joined earlier and found it hilarious. :X That's why I'll never support its change. xD So I've stayed here every since.
Ahahaha, YES. *high-fives Lightning* That's pretty much why I'm here, too. I e-mailed her asking what was going to happen now that her forums were closed and she told me everyone had come here.

Demyx said:
By the way, I know so few of you remember Cas, but she asked me once that if she's ever brought up again here, to tell everyone that she apologises for her actions. So there you go, I've told you all. XP

Haha, aww. Cas and her forums were pretty much my first experience with internet drama, so all her nonsense was a big deal for me back then. It's pretty funny looking back, though. I remember being on the opposing side when half of her forum uprose against her to speak out against her apparent tyranny. I remember the anguish and rage I felt when she managed to get that site taken down even though virtually no one posted there. I liked how so many of her allies were so minion-like and they seemed so wrapped around her finger all the time. Cas was quite a character.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Allstories said:
Ahahaha, YES. *high-fives Lightning* That's pretty much why I'm here, too. I e-mailed her asking what was going to happen now that her forums were closed and she told me everyone had come here.

Haha, aww. Cas and her forums were pretty much my first experience with internet drama, so all her nonsense was a big deal for me back then. It's pretty funny looking back, though. I remember being on the opposing side when half of her forum uprose against her to speak out against her apparent tyranny. I remember the anguish and rage I felt when she managed to get that site taken down even though virtually no one posted there. I liked how so many of her allies were so minion-like and they seemed so wrapped around her finger all the time. Cas was quite a character.
*high five* 8D

I missed all the e-drama back then. I was never, ever around for it, always having something else to do on the days it happened, heh. It's become so common nowadays, so I miss back when we'd only have the really big drama and then none for ages and ages. o_o Now it's a daily thing. DX

Heh, good times, good times. :P

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
Years
was cas nightcrawler or was that someone else? if it is cas then plz can someone tell me her email so we can finally chat once again! btw if anyone has a hazy memory of meh, i was latios in the old PC. i joined nov 2002 i think because arcanine told me to.....*dies* XP (btw does anyone remember the APCC chat room?). anyway i can't believe there are so many old timers XD still lingering about PC. i couldn't get on PC for the past 2 years (ぼくは がっこうの だいきらい( for english speakers: i hate homework!!!!))!!!!! so i'm finally starting to catch up on PC again. *sighs* that was a lot to say in one breath ^^;

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
Years
[SIZE="-7"]I wouldn't really consider myself a veteran, but I have been here for 2 years, so...yeah. I remember Dakota's Charmeleon avatar, and BOO ya! and all that...man...good times. ;P

Too bad I've been here this long but I've got two-month old members that have more posts than me. Ha. I just never have too much to say up here, I guess.

EDIT: Uhh...new online indicator? What the heck is that thing? XD

EDIT 2: Gah, I'm slow. Sorry for the post...didn't realize how old this was. Just saw it had a new post...XD[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back