• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I'll be getting "Soul Silver" because it sounds more masculine than "Heart". And being a male, I feel it would be creepy to have something relating to hearts and stuff..

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    I think im gonna get heart gold cause gold was the second gen game i had the longest. i had silver first and then my brother took it from me so then i bought gold and i loved it... till my brother sold it and kept the money for himself...

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    I think these names are good tbh, I mean, hey, Leaf Green -_-;
    Definitely going to go with Soul Silver though. Silver was my first game (until some idiot stole it when I put my Game Boy down to play at the park x\) and besides, Silver is better than Gold as a colour ;P.
    Also, mystery913, your brother sounds like a complete tool x\

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am going to get Heart Gold because I like Ho-oh and I have played Gold before. Also because my brother is going to get Soul Silver.

Mainly I am getting Heart Gold because I like how the heart matches Ho-oh's wing.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    It really, really depends.

If I only see HeartGold on the rack, I get it. If I only see SoulSilver on the rack, I get it. IF I see both on the rack(a likely case), I'm gonna choose randomly, and soon get the other one later. :)

Years
    Probably Soul Silver because Silver was my the second gen game I got when I was younger...
    Either one is okay though!

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Heart Gold just feels right for me,
    Probably cause it was the game I got when I was younger =]

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    Probably Soul Silver...since Silver version was the very first Pokemon game I ever got...plus, I like Lugia more than I like Ho-oh. Although that doesn't have anything to do with it. o_O

But, yeah, Soul Silver will be first on my list.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I know Heart Gold has a derp name but Gold is my favourite handheld game of the GB/C and I think the first game I bought with my own money, first game of gen 2, etc. I got it on release day so to turn around and buy Silver at this junction just seems wrong to me. :P

I may end up with both eventually, though. Gen 2 was the only gen where I bought all three games myself. Ever since my brother and I have each gotten separate versions.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    My brother is getting Soul Silver and I don't want to get the same game as him so I am getting Heart Gold. I always liked Ho-oh more than Lugia as well. I guess I like gold hearts too?

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I gotta go with Soul Silver, I always found Lugia more awesome than Ho-Oh (mainly because of the advantage)

Same here, and if they keep both Ho-Oh and Lugia catchable in both versions catchable then all the better.

Years
    Heart Gold. It was the version I played. Why not stay loyal?

I think I might've played Silver for a bit, but I always liked Gold more. So I'll just stick with it. d("d)

Years
    like most other people here, i am picking soul silver because silver was the first game out of the two that i played. lugia rocks of course! but i am pretty sure i will buy both though.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I think I'll go with Soul Silver, mainly because I just like Lugia over Ho-oh.

Back