• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Well, for now im getting only Soul Silver, but im thinking about getting both of them. I might end up only getting only Soul Silver though.

jonnO'brien

wont be back.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    For some reason I always get the one named first.. /:

Ruby, Sapphire.
    I got Ruby.

Diamond, Pearl.
    I got Diamond.

HeartGold, SoulSilver.
    Gettin' Gold. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024
    i'm planning on getting soul silver since by best friend told me he was gonna get the gold one.
    im indifferent. ive always been that way for the first 2 versions of any gen game. blue/red - dont care, ruby/saph - dont care ... you get the point
    probably eventually i'll have both

Snerd

Super Nerd
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 14, 2011
    SoulSilver and the Crystal remake (if there is one). HeartGold has a stupid name imo, and they're virtually the same game anyway, so why get both?

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I'm surprised at the amount of people that want to get both and because of my laziness and my sleepinness I can't look back through the threads soo... any reasons?

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    i voted for both because im a collector and want to continue my so far completed collection of pokemon editions. there is no really deciding different from the editions, maybe that HeartGold is an awful **** and SoulSilver is an good edition like the others, in that case i probably would buy me only the good SoulSilver, but they are both not much different, and so both will come in my collection.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024
    I'm surprised at the amount of people that want to get both and because of my laziness and my sleepinness I can't look back through the threads soo... any reasons?

i have all the games so far with exception to the original gold (planning on getting it on amazon soon).
    i just enjoy playing them and seeing the differences in each of them. i also like running with 2 different parties at the same time. to see which is more effective or maybe to challenge myself with pokemon i dont normally use... the uses are countless :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2010
    I voted HeartGold, because Gold was the first game I ever got. even though I can't find it anymore and only have silver now, I still want to get HeartGold. But then again, I don't really care because it's the same at the end of the day, apart from exclusive pokemon.

JesseRocket

Rookie Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    I always end up getting both, one way or another :P I've got both versions of all the games so I'm sure this time will be no different.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Probably both. I'll get gold, since that's what I had before, and my brother'll get silver. That's if he get's it.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Soul Silver.
    This is because my first 2nd gen game was Silver,
    & I've found out I have a very similar overall personality
    to Silver the Hedgehog!

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    I'm getting Gold. :D It was my first Johto game on Gameboy, and its now going to be my first johto game on my DS.

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
    Im getting both because im a total poke-loon when it comes to pokemon merchandise and ive been saving tons of money since december because i knew there would be new pokemon games out. so yeah im getting soulsilver, heartgold and ive probably got enough money to get pkmd explorers of sky when it comes out in autom.

Back