• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

pokemonfan2

ROAR....now flee from battle!
    Years
    Heartgold because when i was little i never liked Gold because of Ho-Oh,and i still hate Ho-Oh,but now i realize the benefits of heartgold,which are the exclusive pokemion in HG i like moe than the ones in SS and also a higher leveled Lugia,and i like Dark Colors more than light Colors so Gold over Silver

ME tooo, but more because of the fact more people getting SS so i wonted to be different.

Years
    Im going with heartgold, i dont know, i like fire, lol, and i being thinking also, there many people(that i know) are going to get soulsilver, so i was thinking to get the other, personally i want soulsilver, i dont know, lugia is atracting, lol

i also got gold in when they came out first, (the 2 generation, g/s/c) and this is also my second reason why gold, =P

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
    Im going for Heart Gold, its like a sign xD
    I played Pokemon Silver 1o years ago but... I liked Colosseum more than Pokemon XD (Col = ho-oh; XD= Lugia) I feel more mystic with a Ho-oh, and Johto is a very mystical region.

Besides, 90% of the people I know are getting Soul Silver, so yeah, imma go for it x)

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
    Im going for Heart Gold, its like a sign xD
    I played Pokemon Silver 1o years ago but... I liked Colosseum more than Pokemon XD (Col = ho-oh; XD= Lugia) I feel more mystic with a Ho-oh, and Johto is a very mystical region.

Besides, 90% of the people I know are getting Soul Silver, so yeah, imma go for it x)

Haha, it's the opposite for me :P, Like everyone I know is getting HG while I'm getting SS.

Maybe we can trade pokemon since your getting HG :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    Im getting Heartgold, although Soulsilver is my favorite, but alot of people are getting it, and my cousin told me to get it while he gets soulsilver. Last year it took me a whole trip to montana to finish the game, my end game was 25 hours 34 minuites i didnt beat red though! this is going to be such a great game!

OceanBluue

Water Pokemon Lover
    Years
    i definately prefer Lugia over Ho-oh but I pre-ordered HeartGold because you can get both lugia AND ho-oh and HG has more exclusive pokemon than SS.

but im gonna miss the ursaring and teddiursa that are in SS :(

Sosuke Aizen

Aizen
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    I pre-ordered Soul Silver a couple weeks ago. I'm not really a big fan on fire type pokemon...I just like Lugia better. =P

Years
    I was at first thinking to get SoulSilver, cuz it has the word "soul" in it, but then I actually looked at the list of exclusive pokemon to both...and I am much more partial to primeape, arcanine, and ariados! So HeartGold it is for me. Sigh I seriously can't wait for this Sunday. It feels like it's taking forever! :/

OceanBluue

Water Pokemon Lover
    Years
    I was at first thinking to get SoulSilver, cuz it has the word "soul" in it, but then I actually looked at the list of exclusive pokemon to both...and I am much more partial to primeape, arcanine, and ariados! So HeartGold it is for me. Sigh I seriously can't wait for this Sunday. It feels like it's taking forever! :/

i know right? it feels like weeks away when its really only like 3 days!

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
    I'm buying both versions because I always end up getting both anyways, and why not buy them now? I'm getting the figurines anyways~
    But Silver version will be my main game because it was my first and I liked the exclusives a bit more. :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Wow so many people are buying both of them! I'm just getting Heart Gold. I originally bought Gold :-)

Last edited:

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    woow thats weird. Back in the original GS, i was like the only one who had silver. It's cool to see that silver is more popular this round!
    I got both coz of the figurines and I'm letting my little bro play HG

harmonic ♫

red is a pain in the a'
    Years
    I'm getting heart gold, I might get Soul Silver since there is a tournament at my local gamestop.

I MUST WIN D:<

Back