• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    Well, I said Soul Silver, but there's a possibility that I might wind up getting both.

Dragonzord

Metagame x Metamon
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    bith, but ill use silver as my main, and for wifi battles

gold for exclusives, other starters, and for haxing

Years
    Not so sure.. but.. why does the remakes have those bad names?
    Btw, hearts are RED. while souls are... white?

But.. i would like a crystal remake.

It's because of the saying "Having a heart of gold" but I don't get soul silver though

but anyway I want both but will get Soul Sliver 1st

I will most likely get SoulSilver because of the many fond memories attached to Silver.
    Silver was not only the first Pokémon game I got my hands on, but the first game I actually owned as well. I got it the day after I got my Gameboy Color. ^^
    Silver was also the first (and only) game I managed to kinda complete the Pokedex.
    I got to 250 (including a Mew I traded from someone).
    So, you can say I'm quite attached to my Silver game, only too bad that I lost it... quite some time ago |C

I know exactly what you mean
    Silver was my 1st gbc game too and I completed the pokedex on it before I got yellow and crystal.

Last edited:

Equus

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I'll probably end up getting Soul Silver, as I had gotten Gold the first time. Besides, I like Lugia better than Ho-oh. Plus, I like the sound of Soul Silver. But, who knows, I might end up getting both, as I seem to end up getting both of the versions most of the time for one reason or another.

Years
    I'll inevitably end up getting both. I'll probably preorder Heart Gold because Gold was my first GenII game, then get Soul Silver some months later once I've finished the game and the frenzy has died down.

Ashitaka

Spirit of Snorlax
    Years
    I'll be getting both, because I can never play through these games too often LOL. I originally got Silver way back when, and my brother got Gold; Silver was simply the finest installment in the series IMO, I must have played through it 100 times already.

theonexd

Good bye :(
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 14, 2013
    I really want Soul Silver but I know that they're going to do a Crystal remake so I want that instead... but I have an urge of buying one of the first two so it's really hard for me!

Years
    Heart Gold, It was the first ever RP pokemon game I ever played so I will defiantly be getting it, but if there are no Heat Gold's in the shop and only Soul Silver then I will just get that.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'll be getting Heart Gold as I have made an agreement with my brother. I prefer Ho-oh over Lugia and the girl just suits the name Heart Gold, as I am picking her.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I'll be getting SoulSilver to keep in line with all my previous Pokemon purchases, which is that I've always owned the second of a pair (Blue, Silver, Sapphire, LeafGreen, Pearl). Not to mention that I prefer the color Silver to Gold and I previously bought Silver.

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Both, though if I had to get only one, I would get SoulSilver. Silver was the one that I had back when they first came out, so it would be my first choice just for nostalgia's sake. But that's a moot point, since I plan on getting both.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I will most likely end up getting both, however my first choice will most likely be Gold. It was last time, and it probably will once again. I am absolutely phyced, I am playing Pokemon Gold on my PC right now!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 15, 2009
    I will be getting both when they come out in the US, if they do.... I hope they do..

DCstrX

Collector
    Years
    these games are gona be big. the jhotto series was by far my favorite in the first place so im getting both and will probably have both finished in under a week

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    Silver, simply because it's the one of the two that I had on the original GBC format ^^ Plus, my brother's going to get the other, so it'll balance out :)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I voted for HeartGold but it depends on the Version-Exclusives.

Back