• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am getting HeartGold because my brother is getting SoulSilver and the name HeartGold suits the female girl to play as in the game.

HSX

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Gold was my first Pokemon game nd overall video game. That is what I'll defiantly be getting.

I also might get SoulSilver. :U

Dragonsprout

Heart and Soul...
    Years
  • Didn't anyone play Crystal first? Guess, I'm the only one. :/ Anyway, i don't think i'm going to buy any of these games. But i'm sure, it's going to be awesum.:D

I played Crystal first, too. I'll be getting HeartGold, because Ho-oh's awesome and there are some good version exclusives.

Years
  • i'll prolly get both eventually but i'll get soul silver first...silver was the gbc game i got, the reason was because i prefered lugia over ho-oh and still do lol. eventually i'll get heart gold and transfer all of them to platinum so i can have every single pokemon on one game chip lol i'll start with chikorita like i did when the original game came out.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I think I'll get SoulSilver because the first Pokemon game I ever owned was Pokemon Silver. Knowing me, I'll probably end up with both eventually.

L

Vocaloid fan
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2020
    No question about it, I'm definitely getting a copy of SoulSilver since the Silver gen was what got me into Pokemon in the first place. Also picking it up for Lugia. =D

Magician Of Ice

Berry & Contest Master @-,-'--
    Years
  • I want to buy Silver because Lugia is my favorite Legendary, but I don't own a Ho-oh and would like to own a game where I have the ability to catch one. I have Gale of Darkness so I have the ability to get more Lugias, but I suck at Colosseum (because I'm used to Gale of Darkness gameplay ;-; ) so I'm nowhere near catching my Ho-oh in that one. So, I'm probably going to go with Gold.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    My silver dosen't work anymore, so I'll get Soulsilver first. Heartgold later perhaps.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    Maybe I will get HeartGold first before Soul Silver since my first game is gold..hihi^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    I'm really surprised with the poll results so far, I expected HeartGold to be soaring high above SoulSilver, not the other way around.

Anyway, I'll be importing SoulSilver from Japan since I can't wait to relive Johto for the first time in years again, and then I'll purchase the American HeartGold which will be my main version. So I'll be buying both. :D

SooHee

Lame Trainer
    Years
  • When gold and silver first came out, I wanted to buy silver just because i liked the color better. But, my older sister ended up buying it and refused to let me have the same kind so I had to get gold. Now, since her interest in Pokemon is gone, I plan to get SoulSilver

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I want to buy Silver because Lugia is my favorite Legendary, but I don't own a Ho-oh and would like to own a game where I have the ability to catch one. I have Gale of Darkness so I have the ability to get more Lugias, but I suck at Colosseum (because I'm used to Gale of Darkness gameplay ;-; ) so I'm nowhere near catching my Ho-oh in that one. So, I'm probably going to go with Gold.
    You can (maybe? most likely) get both legendary birdies in HG/SS. It was possible in G/S that no matter which version you chose, you could get both Ho-Oh and Lugia in the games. The one that was opposite of the game color would be found in it's location at a higher level than the birdie that matched the game color.

So, if you chose SoulSilver, you can catch Lugia in the Whirl Islands at level 40, and Ho-Oh in the Tin Tower at level 70. This is how it was done in the original Silver, and right now, there looks to be no reason for this to change.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    My first pokemon game was gold, and I luved it, so I'm getting Heart Gold, plus gold has Flaaffy, my favorite pokemon. But, if Soul Silver has better sprites than gold, again, I'll consider getting them both :)

Mareep-Flaffy-Ampharos was in both Silver and Gold in the originals.

Jollyrancher

Blue Raspberry Level
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    OoOo. ... .I was planning to get Heart Gold, but Soul Silver sounds more appealing :P

Years
  • Soul Silver (unless Heart Gold is confirmed to have more water based exclusives) because I do not like the name "Heart" Gold at all. (wouldn't "Shiny Gold" have been more fitting?)

Suzuna

~Contest Queen~
    Years
  • Since I played Gold first, I'll get SS instead of HG, though I'll probably end up with both anyway...

Back