• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Before I decide, I want to see what the differences are, particularly in obtainable pokémon (it's possible they'll use the same as in G/S. but not necessarily). In any case, I don't have enough information yet to decide. :P

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    I'll get both. Just because.

Both will, undoubtedly, have version exclusives.
    I'll probably use HeartGold as my main game..
    and SoulSilver for solo runs and challenges.
    You read my mind....sorta. Both I'll be getting (I hope)
    HeartGold (like you said) main game
    Soulsilver: Walkthroughs, diffrences between games, and solos.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    The games actually give me a reason to purchase both at the moment, and with this being said, I'll be obtaining both HeartGold and SoulSilver. Basically it is so I can obtain all the Pokémon, make trading easier between games, and also because in order to obtain Rayquaza I'll need both games so I can obtain Groudon and Kyogre in one.

However, I'm just thinking of playing through SoulSilver as my main game, while my sister will take HeartGold and play that as her main game. This way I know the money will be spent evenly and wisely. Not to mention, they will both be played just as much as each other instead of one being utilized more than the next.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    Silver was my first version, and I prefer Lugia (movie's fault), so I'll probably get SS, though first I'll check the version exclusives. Not being able to get Teddiursa kinda sucks. D:

Still, Silver's what I started with, so Silver it shall be.

Actually, I think Silver was my first Pokemon game ever... :o

Also, I hate the color gold.

Swampertrulz

Kicking a$$ since never
    Years
    heartgold probably. i know right? most likely because silver was the first game i played so if the pokemon exclusive to the respective games are similar, then gold would be more of an experience. or i could get both : / oh well i already voted

Feuille

The Calm Before the Storm
    Years
    My first ever mainstream Pokémon game was Silver. I remember playing it mindlessly for hours and hours on my Gameboy Color, I loved that game so much. Of course I made stupid errors, but I really didn`t realise it back then! Playing it was all that mattered and I really enjoyed raising those awesome pixels.

LoL, this to say I`ll be buying SoulSilver on whichever day they choose to release the remakes in North America. Even if I hadn`t owned Silver, I would still pick SS, for Lugia rox! Plus, I like the color Silver more then Gold, although I prefer Kyogre to Groudon.

My brother will be getting Gold, so I won`t miss out on any version exclusive Pokémon and any other differance that may seperate the games.

Mew, Meow, Nya

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
    I want to get the version that corresponds with the one I first got. I remember going to Best Buy (I think that's where it was) with my brother to pick up the new games, and we each got a different version. I'm almost certain that I got Silver, so I'll likely get that one.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    I'm getting Soul Silver because I bought Silver and it's batter is dead now haha.

I bought my Silver used & I replace it like 2 times and all of the batteries are dead. Hopefully my parents will let me buy both.

Years
    getting a heart gold american import first,
    then when they're released in europe i'm getting soul silver (cos silver was always the best one ;P)
    also gonna play soulsilver in japanese on my computer, hopefully.
    i can't read jap. but im sure i'll still follow the game :S

Back