• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

キラキラ

KiraKira
Years
    • Seen May 17, 2011
    I will be pre-ordering both in Japanese, it is my native language so it is better for me.
    The only thing is the cost to ship to America.. =/

But the figurines will be nice.

deathrider24

¡unɟ sı uʍop ǝpısdn
    Years
  • I'm probably going to get Heart Gold but if there is an exclusive that I want then I will get the game with the better exclusives.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • I'm getting HG, because I have a way to get Lugia, but I don't have any way to get Ho-oh. I always liked the gold sprites better, because they looked like the Crystal ones. crystal was my first and favorite pokemon game.

Years
  • HeartGold first, then Soul Silver. Pokemon Gold was the first ever Pokemon game I've ever played/known about, and it got me into liking Pokemon again. Another reason why I chose Heart Gold is, well, have you seen the picture of Ho-oh flying through the air? It looks gorgeous! I'll get Soul Silver, too, but seeing as how more people are choosing Soul Silver, more people will be asking for Heart Gold exclusives on wifi. Hopefully, I can get both at the same time. ^_^ <3

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
  • Hmm well I lost my Platinum so I was going to get a used one but since these remakes are coming out I might as well see which one I'll get. I'm guessing Soul Silver since I like Lugia more than Ho-oh lol but i orginally only played Crystal but anyway might as well get Soul Silver (can't afford both).

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    well I already have pokemon gold and my brothers fav pokemon is ho-oh so we agreed Im getting soul silver and hes getting heart gold

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    HeartGold ^_^
    didn't Gold have better version exclusives?

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2009
    I going to get Soul Silver b/c Silver was the first Pokemon Game i got and ever played. i have loved Pokemon ever sense i got Silver. Also i though Luigi was cooler then Ho Oh when i was young so that why i like it as well

PokeMangaObsessed

Panic's new album coming soon~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2009
    Probably SoulSilver.
    I haven't played the original Gold or Silver, but I've read that Silver was better.
    Plus, SoulSilver has a better name, imo. :/

Years
  • Soul Silver first, since I got Silver first from the 2nd gen. games xd... but I'll end up getting both eventually. Probably after I beat the E4 on Soul Silver.

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
    Years
  • I think i'm getting Heart Gold and my brother is getting Soul Silver. I don't actually know why though because i prefer Lugia XD

I think it's because we are going to keep it the old way. I had Gold and he had Silver, so we're going to keep it traditional :) And anyway, we can trade legendaries and they will get more experience with different trainers!

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
  • I played my brothers silver version but I'll be getting Heart Gold. I wanna be able to catch the pokemon that i couldn't in silver version -cough cough- growlithe and spinarak. And my brother will be getting soul silver :).

Draco flame

Hooray!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    I'll be buying HeartGold, because pokemon gold was the first ever video game that was mine to call my own :O

PS. Lv 70 Lugia :D

Back