• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2009
    Well.

I was never fortunate enough to obtain "silver/gold/crystal" and so will be purchasing both of the new "remakes"

Although i did try this one time to play "crystal on an emulator for my pc however that turned out a failure...-.-

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I'm getting SoulSilver, because I have (and still play) Pokémon Gold, and never fully played Silver, and this would be my chance to get the feel of what Silver would've given me. Plus I like Lugia more, and you get it first in Silver (I think?). And I want to get the Pokémon that I couldn't get in Gold (Snubbull, Skarmory, etc.).

Although I have thought of getting them both, cuz I like that Arceus figurine. But I probably won't.

I also want to make sure I get Aeroblast for Lugia, as he never learns it in Gold, like Ho-oh never learns Sacred Fire in Silver. Lugia might not learn it in HeartGold like in Gold, so I want to also make sure he learns it, as the attack is awesome.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    I'll be getting Soul Silver first since I got Silver first back on Game Boy, but I will eventually get both.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I will get Soul Silver(maybe!). I like lugia more than Ho-Oh and Lugia is one of my all time favourates!

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    I wil get SoulSilver, for the same reason as most of you do: Silver was mij first game! Does anyone know when they will be released in Europe? I guess it wil be released in Amerika, Asia and Australia earlier.. :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I'm going to try and get both.If I had to choose which to get first,then Heart Gold^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    HeartGold

Everyone knows gold is better than silver, thats why gold get first place and silver is second!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • SoulSilver. I prefer Lugia (even if a lv. 70 one is temptin'...), and Groudon over Kyogre... (I had Ruby)
    And I had Silver back in Those days. Also I prefer Silver over gold (when it comes to minerals), and it just feels like Gold is supposed to be better just to be seld. I think this is wrong, and I somehow feel that people that chooses HG over SS for this reason are ripped-off. (Sorry, Kyledove, Big fan!)

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Definitely Gold i just love HO-OH plus it was the first pokemon game i played, actually this forum has made me want to play it

Gizamimi Pichu

The Medic
    Years
  • I've got to say silver, since silver is the original and first pokemon game I played, not to mention I'm more interested in the pokemon that will presumably be available in silver as opposed to gold.

Ashje

+1 Dead Puppies
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    Soul Silver because:

- My cousin gave me the original silver when he was done with it.
    - It was the first (and only) 2nd Gen I played.
    - I couldn't be bothered restarting silver so I caught the only Legendary my cousin hadn't already; Lugia.
    - I beat Red easily with Lugia.
    - Lugia is my second favourite Pokemon after Suicune.

I think Kyogre should be in Soul Silver, seeing as it's a water type. Also, I prefer it over Groudon. But I like 2nd Gen Legendaries over 3rd Gen so Lugia takes first priority and Groudon isn't so bad...

Last edited:

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
  • I'm probably going to get Heart Gold....seeing as the first Generation II game I ever had was Pokemon Gold.

I probably will buy Soul Silver a month or two after I finish gold completely and have a decent team stacked up...But I'm not sure. I'm probably going to stick with Heart Gold for now. :3

P.S: Is there an official release date for the U.S? Not the japan one?

Joltz

Pokemon Galactite
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    As a dedicated Pokemon Fan, I will be getting both Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
    Even though I played Pokemon Gold before Silver. Also you have the option to trade from game to game and get Pokemon you normally can't get on that version.

Back