• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I am up for Silver :) Silver was my old edition too , and I prefer catching Lugia early as I love Lugia :D . I also prefer Silver as a colour and I always took the colour that I prefered in games(I had blue/silver/sapphire/diamond).

Satelity

Funny The Way It Is
    Years
  • Everyone is getting SoulSilver. O.O
    I was gonna get SoulSilver, but now I'll get HeartGold just to be a rebel.

bluebob

Gengar Will Destroy All
    Years
  • Both because then you get to live the adventure twice without restarting your saved file

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    heart gold, definitely. i know you can prob get both birds in either game, but the box art and opening video of the game will have ho-oh in it. and i looove ho-oh [over lugia, that is].

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2009
    im getting heart gold, and my friend is getting soul silver.
    that way we can get all the starters, and all the pokemon too =D

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Getting both, but undecided if im going to get a Japanese one, because it might take out all the fun because I wouldn't really get anything and I will know what happens, so im probably going to not read this section not to blow anything for me

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    HeartGold for sure.

I have this weird thing where I need to get the game named first.

ie:
    Ruby over sapphire.
    Diamond over Pearl.

Lunaby

I draw a pretty awesome Toucan
    Years
  • Iplayed Crystal first originally, then played both Gold and Silver later.

I'll probably be going with Soul Silver though, because Lugia is awesome and it's name sounds cooler. xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2016
    Iplayed Crystal first originally, then played both Gold and Silver later.

I'll probably be going with Soul Silver though, because Lugia is awesome and it's name sounds cooler. xD

Yeah but ホウオウ (Ho-Oh) looks better than ルギア (Lugia)

Hydra

Poke'mon Master C:
    Years
  • Soul Silver, mostly cos I got it originaly back in the day, but I also like the color better than gold.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009
    I really have no idea. I thought of getting SoulSilver, cause it's my pride and joy. But HeartGold has Kyogre in it... and I need Kyogre to finally get all Hoenne legends(besides Jirachi).

Years
  • Heart Gold! Gold was the first Pokemon game I got, and i got it from my Grandfather, so I am going to get Heart Gold!

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
  • I got Silver back in the day (it was the first game I ever reserved...I remember it fondly...) so to FURTHER the already insane amount of nostalgia this game will instill in me, I am gonna get SoulSilver.

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Tough Pick, but since IDK which one Kyogre is going to be in Ill have to go with SoulSilver. Not because SS has Lugia, not because its Silver, but because in the original Ho-Oh was Lvl 70 and Lugia was Lvl 40. Case in Point: Stronger Ho-Oh.

Back