• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
Years
  • Tough Pick, but since IDK which one Kyogre is going to be in Ill have to go with SoulSilver. Not because SS has Lugia, not because its Silver, but because in the original Ho-Oh was Lvl 70 and Lugia was Lvl 40. Case in Point: Stronger Ho-Oh.

Kyogre is in HG, and you could EV train a lvl 40 Ho-Oh to be even stronger.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I wish they would remake crystal because it was my very first video game ever.
    Crystal was my first Pokemon game too. I think that there will be a crystal b/c all of the others had an enhanced version:
    Red + Blue = Yellow
    Gold + Silver = Crystal
    Ruby + Sapphire = Emerald
    Diamond + Pearl = Platinum
    BUT, the 1st remakes, FireRed and LeafGreen didn't, so it's hard to tell

I'm always getting both:
    Blue, (Didn't get Red or Yellow)
    Silver, Gold
    Crystal
    Ruby, Sapphire
    FireRed, LeafGreen
    Emerald
    Diamond, Pearl
    Platinum

But this time, mainly b/c of the higher price from the PokeWalker, I'm getting SoulSilver for myself and HeartGold for my little sister

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Lol just shows how many people are getting it with only 10 getting neither and 800+ getting it.

I'm getting Soul Silver from Japan then Heart Gold in English

Spinni

Larvitar #1
    Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Canada
    • Seen today
    I'm getting HeartGold. :3
    I think Spinarak is still gonna be exclusive to HeartGold? o~o

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    Im staying true to my roots. I got blue, yellow, silver, diamond, and platinum. Now will be soul silver

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    What I think I'm going to do is get my parents to give me either Heart Gold or Soul Silver for a late Christmas present and fork out the money for the other game.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I am getting Soul Silver, Lugia, Silver, and Soul....all better, unless theres a pokemon difference between them (i hate that, where do the other version's pokemon go? hide in magical dream land i cant get too?) Anyone know if there is a difference? Other then the Lugia first Ho-oh second and Ho-oh first Lugia second thing?

-TheZeide

StormRuler

Kung foo fighter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    I'd rather get Heart Gold because you get Ho-oh first and Lugia second.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I am getting Soul Silver, Lugia, Silver, and Soul....all better, unless theres a pokemon difference between them (i hate that, where do the other version's pokemon go? hide in magical dream land i cant get too?) Anyone know if there is a difference? Other then the Lugia first Ho-oh second and Ho-oh first Lugia second thing?

-TheZeide
    A quick search will clear that up!
    yes there is a diference.
    I will now post an instruction manual on how to use google.
    or not. *Evil laugh*
    XD
    my first pokemon game was silver, so that's what I'm getting.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I'm going to get both for sure. Why wouldn't you?
    But I'm going to probably only get SoulSilver first. And that would be because Silver was the first of the genration II games I ever owned (and oddly enough.. the only one that's battery is still working.. O.o). And I got Silver first because I like the color silver better than gold.. lol, plus I was more familiar with Lugia (Mainly due to the movie).

Back