• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters
Years
  • hmm. I got Gold and Silver for Christmas. :D That was so long ago..I don't know which to choose. I liked the Silver sprites better than the Gold one. lol. I may get both HG and SS. idk Or maybe I'll get SS?
    hmm. If friend buys either one, I'll buy the opposite. If not, then I might buy both and probably try convincing my sister to play with me. I'd have to buy another ds though...:p wait. dsi :P

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • Heartgold because Gold was the version I originally had. I always get the warm colors while my cousins get the cool colors.

JY

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    Heart Gold, my first personal pokemon game was gold, so meh.

darthjp

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    spoiler alert for the few people who doesn't wanna know which rare pokes you can catch until they do it themselves.

I haven't decided, i always choose the first one named (meaning for red and blue i chose red, ruby and sapphire i chose ruby) but i haven't decided yet 'cause in heartgold i can catch kyogre but in soulsilver i can have a lugia earlier and train it for the league.

Quag-Squire

[i]oh-ho![/i]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2009
    Heart Gold, cuz it was the original one I had and I've always had a deep respect for Ho-oh, it was one of those pokemon who were there from the beginning and were only explained till later

but I really want a Vulpix and you can only get her on SS : ( why do people prefer that one anyway? XD

Wentworth

ウェントワース
    Years
  • I'll probably be getting both, but use Gold as my main game most likely because I like Ho-Oh somewhat more, but who knows? :3

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • I'll probably get HeartGold. I had Pokemon Gold as a kid, so it would be neat to get the "upgraded" version of the game. Also, Ho-oh used to be my favorite Pokemon, so I would like to replay the memories. =P

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Considering I don't use Legendaries, but love Kyogre, HeartGold. My bro'll get SoulSilver and we'll just trade whatever Pokemon are exclusive to one game. Or just AR on Platinum and trade em.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Ever since my granddad bought me Silver when i was young. I've always been a silver fan.

The only thing i hate is that i think (can't remember) Groudon is on SS. I prefer Kyogre :(

Back