• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Phaux

Legend Hunter
Years
  • SoulSilver most likely, though I'm a little saddened that SoulSilver gets Latios and not Latias...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Heart Gold. Since I played Gold first and I think it's got better pokémon for me than Soul Silver does.

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
  • Soul Silver because it was my favourite pokemon game by far and it was my first 2nd gen game.

I will have access to HG though because my sister is getting it and she's only just started getting into pokemon ^^. She recently completed her Pearl version.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Does it matter whichone since Ho-oh and lugia are in both me think...I think soulsilver I'll get since I had gold first time around.

Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 5, 2010
    Probraly SoulSilver. During the second generation I mostly played Silver (even though I had both).

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    I preordered HeartGold last week :] Gold was the Gen II game that I always played and loved, even though I had both, so I'll be getting it for sentimental value, mostly. xD I may or may not end up getting SoulSilver though.

Harumi Fujyoshi

Ichiban fujyoshi desu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    I'm still thinking about it. Well, my first Gen II game was Crystal so that doesn't really make the choice any easier. I think I'll be getting whichever my brother doesn't.

Back