• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So, here I go, I guess?

Lawandorder

¡Gracias Totales!
Years
  • Well, since I registered and so far I'm liking the forum I decided to make this thread to introduce myself, my name is Luis, but in forums I rather be refered to as Law (why do I use lawandorder as my nick, you may ask?, answer is really simple, it was the first tv show I started to follow and the name stuck with me, I guess {XD}).
    As to my interests/hobbies, I'm an avid reader (manga, LN, plays, clasical literature, detective fiction, spy fiction, basically anything that falls into my hands [currently reading: Smiley's people, next on the list: No longer human -- The strangler by Vázquez Montalbán]), music lover (favorite band is Soda Stereo, a world famous argentinian band), football fan (and for a very brief time, professional player [if second division counts as pro {XD}), anime fan, translator, engineering student and a casual gamer, however Pkmn EM was the first game that I got for my gba sp and I've been playing Pkmn ever since (still, the III generation it's my fav), and I discovered this forum while seaching for romhacks (and trust me, I found plenty to keep playing until the next life)... Next thing I know I'm already registered and reading tutorials on romhacking {XD}, well, I think I've rambled on long enough, so to end this I'll say that I hope to meet some nice people, g'nite.

Note: In case it wasn't clear by the way I structure my sentences (akward falls reaaaal short), I'm not an native english speaker, my first language is spanish, so anyone who also speaks it's welcome to speak to me in it {XD}

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
    Years
  • Hello and welcome to PokeCommunity, we have some Spanish speaker here.. they might be giving you a warm welcome later on. Anyway, Pokemon EM = Pokemon Emerald? Oh well.. My first game is Pokemon Emerald too! And.. third generation is my favorite generation! Too bad.. I dont have the chance to play the remake version or Ruby and Sapphire. Speaking of remake, do you have Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? What's your starter Pokemon in Emerald? For me, it is Mudkip! Good luck reading about rom hacking! Happy hacking, gaming and posting! :)

Years
  • Welcome to the forums, Law! Don't worry about your English skills, you'll definitely learn more as you look around since we're an English-speaking forum. Hopefully you are having fun as well.

Anyways, do take a peek around our popular ROM Hacking section for everything you need to make your own hacks. Tools, Tutorials & Resources is a spot you'll definitely want to stop by, since it has all the tools and guides essential to becoming a great hacker. Do check out the Beginner's Lounge as well if you're looking for help, and all it takes is asking a simple question where our more experienced hackers are happy to assist.

Sadly I'm not a hacker so not much I can help with but surely someone else is willing to assist you when needed. Enjoy your stay, and Merry Christmas to you too!

- Hikamaru

Years
  • So happy you're enjoying our extensive list of hacks! We definitely have enough to keep people busy for a looong time ahah. There are still so many I've yet to try, having not played any for many years. D: Welcome to PC, Law! ♥

And ooh, great seeing such big readers around. I've actually been wanting to get back into reading overall but just couldn't find any fiction works to get started with as that's usually my preferene.. so I've been putting it off for a while. If you ever want to discuss books you should stop by Culture & Media, whereas the Anime & Manga forum is for anime and manga, of course.

Do enjoy your stay and I'll be hoping you stick around. You're pretty good at English despite not being a native speaker so practicing here will only make you better, right? ;P Have a blast on PokeCommunity!

Lawandorder

¡Gracias Totales!
    Years
  • Hello and welcome to PokeCommunity, we have some Spanish speaker here.. they might be giving you a warm welcome later on. Anyway, Pokemon EM = Pokemon Emerald? Oh well.. My first game is Pokemon Emerald too! And.. third generation is my favorite generation! Too bad.. I dont have the chance to play the remake version or Ruby and Sapphire. Speaking of remake, do you have Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? What's your starter Pokemon in Emerald? For me, it is Mudkip! Good luck reading about rom hacking! Happy hacking, gaming and posting! :)
    No, I don't have any of the remakes, I haven't been too willing to pony up the cash for a 3DS {XD}, I did playthroughs with all 3 of the starters on emerald, but by far my favorite was treecko, I don't even know why but his playthrough was the one that I kept on the cartridge {XD}, and thank you for the welcoming :)

Welcome to the forums, Law! Don't worry about your English skills, you'll definitely learn more as you look around since we're an English-speaking forum. Hopefully you are having fun as well.

Anyways, do take a peek around our popular ROM Hacking[/URL] section for everything you need to make your own hacks. Tools, Tutorials & Resources is a spot you'll definitely want to stop by, since it has all the tools and guides essential to becoming a great hacker. Do check out the Beginner's Lounge as well if you're looking for help, and all it takes is asking a simple question where our more experienced hackers are happy to assist.

Sadly I'm not a hacker so not much I can help with but surely someone else is willing to assist you when needed. Enjoy your stay, and Merry Christmas to you too!

- Hikamaru

Thank you for your suggestions, I surely will be employing the tools to mod some things (tho' I doubt I'll be doing some grandiose proyect on the near future) {XD}

So happy you're enjoying our extensive list of hacks! We definitely have enough to keep people busy for a looong time ahah. There are still so many I've yet to try, having not played any for many years. D: Welcome to PC, Law! ♥

And ooh, great seeing such big readers around. I've actually been wanting to get back into reading overall but just couldn't find any fiction works to get started with as that's usually my preferene.. so I've been putting it off for a while. If you ever want to discuss books you should stop by Culture & Media, whereas the Anime & Manga forum is for anime and manga, of course.

Do enjoy your stay and I'll be hoping you stick around. You're pretty good at English despite not being a native speaker so practicing here will only make you better, right? ;P Have a blast on PokeCommunity!
    So, what type of fiction do you enjoy? Any language barrier? There's just so much good fiction out there in foreign languages {XD}; also english I understand it perfectly, my issue is the way I'm wired to structure sentences, the spanish way, and for the life of me, I don't seem to be able to fix that little (understament of the year) issue {XD}, anyway, thank you for your suggestions and kind answer :)

vanillte1

praise goomy
    Years
  • I've made an awesome game, click the link in my sig!

I'm sorry if this si against the rules, I will delete this if it is

Back