• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So hi, I'm new.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2012
    I've been playing pokemon since Blue originally came out in the UK, yet only just now deciding to try hacking a rom. Been playing hacks for a while, currently playing a fire red hack called Ash's Quest.
    I'm planning a heart gold hack, and if anyone has any advice on what tools to use, and the best way to learn how to use them, please do tell me.
    Other than that, looking forward to getting to know you all, it's a little intimidating but will be totally worth it.

Years
  • Hiya, farmerluk. (Or do you go by just luk?) Welcome to the PokéCommunity.

ROM hacking certainly is intimidating (for those of us who don't get into that), but the rest of the forum is all welcoming and friendly even if it does look pretty big. You're probably already looking through the hacking section, but if not it's right here in all it's sub-forum glory. I hope you find your footing in all of that. The stickied threads at the top usually have rules and guides to help though so I'd start there.

Anyway, have fun~

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2012
    Thank you very much for the welcome. I go by Luke. The username looks like a giant spelling mistake xD
    I've been using it since 2001 with my neopets account, and am too attached to it lol.
    (if anyone does use neopets, might want to check out my gallery, most complete Altador gallery in the world).
    Hoping to put that sort of attention to detail to work on hacking roms.

Years
  • Hi there and welcome to PC! Ah nice to see someone who's been a fan since the originals join the forums. Ohh interested in Rom hacking I see, you'll be able to learn a lot about that kind of stuff here. Oh Ash's quest is a really great hack and you'll defiantly enjoy playing it. As for advice with Rom hacking, I'v always found FR to be the easier one to hack if your a beginner, since there's more tutorials and more people know how to use it. But you'll defiantly be able to learn about your preferences here and id recommend just look around the tutorials and asking fellow members for advice, i'm sure they'll help if they can. :) Anyways hope you enjoy yourself, hope you like it here, and hope to see you around! :)

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    Hello and welcome to PC! I used to use neopets a long time ago. I forgot all of that info to log in....now that I think about it, I forgot why I stopped going, but PC is awesome and I'm sure you will have tons of fun! :D

BRS

iDon't Know
    Years
    • Age 24
    • LA
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    Welcome to PokemonCommunity~ i was wishing some1 can make a pokemon game where you can travel to all regions and get all the badges~ Hope you have a great time here~

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2012
    Thanks for the warm welcome :)
    One question before I let this board die. If I want to start reading up on and learning about hex editing, what is the best place to start? Are there any really basic tutorials you'd recommend?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • There are tons of tutorials on Hex Editing here in the forums, especially the Tutorials section of the ROM Hacking section. You might want to do some searching first in the board though. I remember being into ROM Hacking before and I came across this one. It basically explains Hex Editing the intro of Fire Red. I'm not exactly sure if FR is your intended ROM for hacking. But searching is always a good thing!

If you're still not sure, you can always ask in the Simple Questions thread. :)

Best of luck and welcome to PC! :) Have fun learning how to hack! Any other questions, you can always come up to me, or any other staff member. :D See ya around!

Loonie

Mischievous Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2012
    Hey Welcome to the forum .. I hope you will have fun.. if you want to know about banner making I may teach you a thing or two ^_^ although I am still an intermediate Banner Maker ^_^

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
    Years
  • Welcome to PC, farmerluk.
    You're interested in ROM Hacking? Never could get the hang of that. It seems PC's gonna have a lot of ROM hackers this year.
    Anyway, welcome to PC. Also, here's the link to the Emulation sub-forum.
    Again, welcome to the PokeCommunity Forums.

~Always.

Back