• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen So how are you gonna make your B/W team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2015
    I'll definitely play with only the Black and White Pokemon. I want to explore the newest additions and look at all of the new evolutions and surprises. After that, I may look into mixing some of my older teams in as well, but probably not.

I'm excited. x3

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    lol, I must be the only person who has no intention of making a fresh start unless I have no choice. If I can transfer Budew, Shellder and Turtwig to BW before the E4, I most definitely will. The thing is, I'm getting Pokemon Black in Japanese, so I don't know that that's gonna work 'cause I'm not going to understand what the game says, lol. Most likely, I'll end up using Isshu exclusives in Black, then when I get White in March (English version) I'll use my favourites (including Isshu Pokemon, if any). :D I know there is yet about a hundred more Pokemon to be revealed, so I don't want to get ahead of myself, but from what I've seen so far, most Isshu Pokemon don't really inspire me much to use them. That is to say, I like them, but I don't think I like most of them enough to use them. We'll see what happens.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    i will start fresh on this game, hopefully i can preorder both english games when they let you preorder

Rei

Years
    Why isnt this a poll? haha, with questions like these i usually see them being used as a poll.

I will keep my team fresh for various reasons.
    1. i like using new pokemon and various pokemon teams. Probably play it a few times just to see what i can do with different pokemon.
    2. Its japanese, usually when i trade up i trade all of my pokemon up and make it my "main" game.
    3. Im to lazy to trade up.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    Fresh start.
    I usually pick the grass starter... but now with all these evolutions i'm not so sure.
    For the others I really want: Gairu and Meguroko.
    I just love how gairu keeps spinning in it's animation:
    So how are you gonna make your B/W team?

Pandesal

W - Luna! Trigger!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    Even if you could trade over Pokemon from the other games in the beginning, I'd be too lazy to do so :V So I guess I would start fresh.
    As for choosing the actual members of my team, ideally I'd love to just play through, catch everything, then try them all out. In reality of course, I will spoil myself and check out the Isshu regional dex and pick my favourites from there.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I'm just going to catch random pokemon, try and make them all 5th gen and then eventually make a team so that I can use all the HM's. It's what I always do.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2012
    im starting fresh and im really excited! i hope to find some great new favs with the 5th gen pokes ill def be cathching everything i see =D

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
    Im gonna play through the game slowly at first, catching everything I see, and quickly arranging a team as I play, while enjoying the storyline and other stuff. I will beat the E4 and Champion (If there are E4s and Champions in this game) and I will play the postgame. Inevitably, I will get bored. At that point, I will restart and use white for challenges. Maybe continue the Ultimate Monotypes.

shot571

Fresh start for me. For two reasons. 1. I find it boring with old pokes. 2. I thought they havent confirmed we can trade over any pokemon yet ....have they? :s

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Im gonna play through the game slowly at first, catching everything I see, and quickly arranging a team as I play, while enjoying the storyline and other stuff. I will beat the E4 and Champion (If there are E4s and Champions in this game) and I will play the postgame. Inevitably, I will get bored. At that point, I will restart and use white for challenges. Maybe continue the Ultimate Monotypes.

This, for the most part. Since they're all gonna be new, I'll catch one of everything I can, and train them all a little, to determine whether they're any good or not.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    not much to do but start fresh and im pretty psyched about the new pokemon. i hope gigaiasu has a good moveset..

Pandesal

W - Luna! Trigger!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    2. I thought they havent confirmed we can trade over any pokemon yet ....have they? :s
    B/W will have the Pokeshifter, which is the equivalent to Pal Park, allowing us to trade Pokemon over from D/P/Pt and HG/SS.

And assuming that they work in the same way in that you can only trade Pokemon over after you get the National Dex, well, we all have no choice but to have a fresh start :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back