• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So how do you strategise online?

How do you strategise?

• Sweep, sweep, sweep, I tend to go for knock 'em out quick.

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Defense is the best offence, wall and stall 'em.

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Minimum weaknesses, maximum resistances.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I pick the best of the tiers and roll with them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Optimise my team to whittle down the opponent with Poison, Confusion and stuff like that.

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • I leech the opponents health into mine.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other (state what in comment).

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
    Everyone has different strategies online, wether its go for an all-out sweep, wall & stall your opponent as long as you can, or a balanced team, my friend even came up with a team that has maximum resistances and minimum weaknesses and plays towards a wide typespread moveset.

So my question to all of you, is how do you strategise?
    Do you blast attack the foe into oblivion, try to stall them out as long as possible, or what do you do?

Last edited:

Bunny69

Serious Buisness
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    I don't go for all out offense, nor do I Try to stall them out. I think I like Bulky Offense the Best, Pokémon that can hit hard but still take a Hit.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    I like games that are quick. And as such I like Heavy Offense, as sweepers are fast, powerful, and frail. I never tried out bulky offense.

Nickmonster

I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
    Years
    I like to get pokemon on the oppseing team in a trouble state,even if its attraction.so its easier to wipe them out(Choose option 5)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Poisonfusion stall is my favorite. It's not the best, but it's just so fun to use. :D

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    what i tend to do is read up on the ablities.

example pinser with mode braker ablity and e-quake. this allow it to hit pokemon with levitate ablity not meny see it comming

or swift swim and suprising with a first strike on the next turn.

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    I usually have 1 physical sweeper, 1 bulky offensive Pokemon, 2 special sweepers, 1 wall, and 1 annoyer.
    On my sweepers, I usually use the move that's effective against the Pokemon that my opponent will be likely to switch out. For example, I send out Scarfed Porygon-Z on a Gallade. My foe will probably expect me to use Tri-Attack, because of Adaptability's 2x STAB, and will switch out to a Ghost-type, such as Gengar; however, I will instead use Dark Pulse, which isn't as powerful when used against Gallade (if it doesn't switch out), but it's better than being locked into using a Normal Move on a Ghost and being forced to switch out if Gengar IS sent out.

Last edited:

JojoX2

Medicham Fan *Chammy ftw*
    Years
    I just love paralysing everything fast on my opponents team and then sweep away with either one of my sweepers. To make use of the paralysis support, I also use one slow but ridiculously strong sweeper. U-Turn also works well with Para support.

Last edited:

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Plan in 3-4 stages:

*Set up dual screens and then explode. (Metagross, Bronzong)

*Send out bulky pokemon, that can use lots of stat modifiers like calm mind or dragon dance, whilst using healing moves like slack off and roost. (Slowbro, Bulky EVs Dragonite)

*Sweep.

*Failing that, blast them with my choice scarf porygon-z, or go for the all rounder approach with swampert.

PokemonSkySD

Credit to Dots for the Avatar
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    I like to too switch alot, using immunities and stall tactics too set-up the ideal situation too sweep.
    Currently using Shaymin and Blaziken

Last edited by a moderator:

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    i usually go with a coupla sweepers, 1 wall, 1 lead, and the rest as misc with some supportive moves.

i always aim to have the most type coverage as possible with my offensive moves. and i try to prevent having 1 specific weakness.
    a lot of times i just grab a lead, a wall, and a bunch of other EV'd pokes that i think will work together, though they don't always work out. lol

i also have a coupla MVPs that i like to have on my team almost all of the time x3
    i also like toxic stalling

Anti

return of the king
    Years

Please
    use
    black
    text
    and
    not
    white
    it
    is
    hard
    to
    read.

Please
    don't
    mini
    mod
    especially
    since
    you've
    been
    here
    long
    enough
    and
    should
    know
    better,
    so
    let's
    not
    things
    this
    for
    no
    good
    reason
    or
    you
    will
    be
    infracted.
    Just
    it
    next
    time.
    Thank
    you.

I like to too switch alot, using immunities and stall tactics too set-up the ideal situation too sweep.
    Currently using Shaymin and Blaziken

I've edited out the white text color. Don't post in white text seeing as it's impossible to read on most PC skins. Thank you.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    The strategies I usually use is I try to scout out my enemy team first, then probably stall for a bit (usually with Weezing or Milotic), then see if I can get one my my main sweepers to use a Stat Boosting move, then take it from there trying to decimate my enemy. So basically all I do is "Wait, then Attack".

Years
    I'm building a "balanced" Trick Room team at the moment. But generally, my teams usually involve stalling the opponent out; running a Stallrein set was fun for a while.

Meganom

I forgot xD
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2012
    I personnaly like Offense, using the lead for entry hazards, and then just try and sweep awaa switching betwen my sweeper according to what I'm facing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I use a Bait and Switch method, like if someone leads off with a Heatran or a Tyranitar, I just U-Turn out to Salamence to take the crunch or fire blast. DD up, and see how much pokemon mence can kill

Back