• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen so how does everyone like the firered and leafgreen...(rom or gameboy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

courtzzz15

living dead
    Years
    i just got done playing the rom game and i thought frankly that it sucked...(sorry if that is foul language oops just delete it :shocked: :dead: ) it is just a remake of the pokemon red, yellow and blue ok maybe not exactly like yellow because a pikachu doesn't follow you around but hey it is exact pretty much... i want to know what the differences are other than the graphics are different and so what wow it's in color :\ ! there are a few new quotes from the people but not much... i thought it was a complete redo... i can walk right through the game without a problem because i know red yellow and blue versions so well :nervous: ... i noticed however the man in viridian doesn't ask you if you are in a hurry anymore so i figure you can't do the missingo thing anymore i dunno. :( .. is any of the new pokemon in these versions of leaf and fire or no?!? if not i am not goin to go through with my purchase of them... o man let me know what you people think... i love pkmn but geez those game producers could have came up with somethin better... P.S: anyone know where i can get an emerald version ROM online??? bye for now :\ :nervous:

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Well listen we think of it as a oppertunity to explore new things like islands. We could not of done that on red adn blue. Plus you can get new pokemon on it. Do you read me. Its mroe better that way. Some peopel like it as it is more challenging. And others have other excuses. Personaly my view is cool. Emerald as you say si somthign though. We wati for that but for now. Fire red and leaf green si cool.

ash ketchup dood

?~dont forget your life~?
    Years
    i like it :D it rocks

oh yes i actually own a game instead of a rom XD i think something is wrong with me.

but yeah its pretty much exactly like red and blue maybe just maybe because....its a remake ^^;; oh and victory road is different ;_; moltres isnt in there any more and it took me a while to figure out where he was XD!!

theres the islands that are different =/ i dont really know whats up with them seeing as everything i read was in japanese and im not to good with it

::edit:: i also forgot leaf green has like an extra 100kb what for? i dont know...

Last edited:

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Well on the game. I met a enw friend yesterday. He lived across teh street He was utside getting in teh car when he dropped in the union room. Thats how fun it is aswell. Hte new union room. And not forgetting berries aswell. Fire red and LEaf green are cool.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    courtzzz15 said:
    it is just a remake of the pokemon red, yellow and blue ok maybe not exactly like yellow because a pikachu doesn't follow you around but hey it is exact pretty much...
    Yes...it is a remake. That was the entire purpose of FRLG...

any of the new pokemon in these versions of leaf and fire or no?!?
    If you mean Pokemon like Treecko, Torchic, Kyogre...they're in there. You just can't catch them. You have to trade over from RuSa. If you mean the possible 4th Generation Pokemon like Gonbe...nope. And for Johto Pokemon like umm...Slugma was it called? Yeah, they're also in there. You just can't get them until you get the National Dex from Prof. Oak.

. P.S: anyone know where i can get an emerald version ROM online??? bye for now :\ :nervous:
    No requesting roms here. And I don't think the game is even out in Japan yet...so the chances of ANYONE having one is slim.

i want to know what the differences are other than the graphics are different and so what wow it's in color
    The Sevii Islands. The three dogs are in the game now. Both Lugia and Ho-Oh are on Navel Rock (one of the islands and you can get both in one game without trading). Deoxys is also in it but you can't get it until Nintendo releases the Aurora Ticket or use cheats. But Deoxys is just useless weight until Emerald comes out since Ninjask can pwn it easily.

AdamHays said:
    i'll let you know tomorrow.
    The. Spammiest. Post. EVER. You know if there was a category for "The Most Annoying Member" in the MotM I'd vote for you. And I'm sure certain people who I talk to on MSN would vote for me as well...

Last edited:

courtzzz15

living dead
    Years
    ok ok ok...

so you proved your points... so you all like leaf green and fire red fine... i don't really care for it but whatever that's my opinion thnk you all for yours i just wanted to see where i stand... anyhow so you can have all the other pokemon on the game cool... i will get tradin... and what do you mean about the 4th generation pokemon... where can i find out about them... where did you find out about them... just curious i am tryin to keep up with them all... plz get back to me on that!!! thanks bye all!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    4th Generation Pokemon is the next generation (or set) of Pokemon coming out. The only one most people (like myself) know of so far is Gonbe, the baby form of Snorlax. There's no point in any of them until the games containing them are released anyways, so I could care less about Gonbe. Plus it's a Baby Pokemon which means it's probably useless unless it allows Snorlax to learn additional moves.

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Oh oh i just got somthing cool about the game and why its so cool. Team Rocket Does Not Stop The Game adn the only avalible ruby and sapphire pokemon due to eggs are Azuril and Wynut. Well its somthign to go by.

courtzzz15

living dead
    Years
    ok thanks for explainin gonbe...

thanks... and so team rocket isn't in the game??? that must mean it isn't an exact remake then cause that means it goes off of that ASH defeats team rocket for good yay!!! is that true???

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Team Rocket are Sitll on Fire red adn are cool. They appear more tiems now. Also better pokemon. A Houdoom for a admin. Also i love my pokemon. lol.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Philbro said:
    Team Rocket are Sitll on Fire red adn are cool.
    Well not really for the cool part... still pushovers that you tip over. You know that it's shameful when a 10 year old kid just thrashed your whole base, and she's using Rapid Spin to OHKO you too. Shame shame shame... tsk tsk

FRLG is still a decent game. I can't say its good because it's still lacking a lot of stuff to be good (and hateful thing is that they took out so much cool features from the older Pokemon games and added in some useless stuff, like time... in RS time still exist even though it's barely visible, and now they don't even exist at all!), but decent. Not something I'll blow my cash on unless there's tournaments in my local area, where I'll be needing legal ways to get my hands on better movesets. If it's for free, of course I'll play it. Much better and more entertaining than Golden Sun can ever dream for =)

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Hm they did annoy me at teh warehouse with that houndoom i get the point. Anyways they are on and they are a pain then but the new pokemon and isladns are cool. Well nto enw pokemon but the johto pokemon.

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Bye and enjoy the game its so cool. Well i am so glad taht you can play it adn have the time to play on it again. Me so excited enjoy enjoy. Berries patches everywhere.

Dark Raichu

GBA FR and LG RULES!!!!!!
    Years
    i thought it kicked butt i successfully beat the whole game with just a charizard. i used him from the beginning to the end just by himself. no others on the team.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Dark Raichu said:
    i thought it kicked butt i successfully beat the whole game with just a charizard. i used him from the beginning to the end just by himself. no others on the team.
    And don't worry, that's completely possible because all you need is high levels. ^_^

Now try it with Charmander. =)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Me I like Fire Red. I mean yea sure it's a remake of Red and Blue but it's fun to go back to the old places that you first played years ago.
    And I like the new stuff they added to it. But I just with they would have had some of the stuff from the older games too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2004
    Does somebody have to be in an area real close to you to be in the Union room with you on Fire red/Leaf green. I am just wondering, because I'm buying Leaf green on monday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back