• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen so how does everyone like the firered and leafgreen...(rom or gameboy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    ive beat fire red and leaf green they are pretty good games.

off topic

they come out on september 23rd in australia. yay!!!

dumbthingy

General Protection Fault
    Years
    The Islands 4, 5 and 6 resemble Johto. (See the music, it's just Azalea Town and Violet City.) I would have preferred a "true" Johto or Hoenn in the game, though :( Although the islands are something new.

Fire Red and Leaf Green are mostly only visual improvements, shame it didn't have too much new things like Pok?blocks or soil to plant Berries, which are only available on R/S. They have sticked too much on the old Red/Blue games.

Tesla7zap

Barbeque anyone?
    Years
    those islands you complete in ten minutes and the rest of a game is just copy/pasted with some better graphics..... i wont buy it. just a cheap trick to get more money.

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
    eh...

I'm kind of disappointed...

what's with this tiny text? I feel like I'm straining my eyes to read it, and I have good eyesight. why did they make it smaller from R/S?

why are the sounds and music so messed-up...? they sound fuzzier. not cool =_=

bleh.. I long for the originals :/

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Well i think some oints i would liek to cross about those topics you said:

1. The text makes sure you know about if its a Male or Female
    2. Music is quite updated. not old new.

Well hey are my points taht i think are more better.

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
    okay, I know the music is UPDATED. that doesn't equate to better. something just sounds off with it.
    And I mean the text at the bottom, when people are talking to you, you're choosing attacks, etc. I have no idea what you're talking about with the male/female business. they did that in R/S too. I just wish they had kept the same size and type of font from R/S.

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Im talking about Female text is red and male text si blue. Its on teh offical game and rom. Tht makes it better than the original as you might want to know who you are talkign with once in a while. Plus they all have thtere own sprites. Even better.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Well... I found the red/blue stuff not really worth mentioning... things that annoy me are

-a move drops in PP as its used more and more, and the color of the font will change if the PP is say 1/2, then on and on until red at 0. However, one of the bright yellow font used is so hard to read, that even on a rom when I blew my screen to gigantic size compare to the real gameboy, it's hard to read...

-the bag is sucking more and more... TM Pouch within key item to get to the TMs is kinda stupid, as that's not as efficient as before...

-berries again... same problem with TMs

-font sizes, as mentioned

-how only some VS Seeker improves yet not all is rather stupid... either all improves, or all stay the same, or only partial trainers will verse you again with the VS Seeker or something

From the beginning I decided to not buy the game (well as if I bought any of them, but like for sapphire I actually "wanted" to buy it if I can) because it's quite a rip off to me... and even if you get 5 games of FR, LG, R, S, and even Colosseum on GCN you still can't get all the Pokemon and will need Emerald on top of them all? No...

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    I will take the berry thing as nothing towards me. Anyways i agree witht eh tms but the berris i disagrea as a berry fan i love to sue it trhat way tis the best way. The tms is not liek that it should have it own. Heck so should berries but for now no berries will get ab used while im here.

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
    Philbro said:
    Im talking about Female text is red and male text si blue. Its on teh offical game and rom. Tht makes it better than the original as you might want to know who you are talkign with once in a while. Plus they all have thtere own sprites. Even better.

ohh that. I thought you were referring to the Pokemon names having the female or male symbols next to them or something o_o;; okay..

bleh, it's growing on me the more I play it, but I'm still kind of "eh >_>" towards it. I don't like the review of what you did the last time you played every time you continue your game... is there a way to turn that off?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I just got it (Leaf Green for the purpose of Deoxys). My local Target store is like a mile away so I jogged there non-stop. I should've just walked...

Anyways, I'm in Celadon City right now and I'm training a bit to battle Misty. I chose Charmander as my starter. I only have 2 Pokemon, Pigeotto and Charmeleon. Pidgeotto is my strongest.

I think it's okay although Mt. Moon is as annoying as ever with all those Zubats. I HATE ZUBATS.

And I thought the Pokemon were supposed to be animated when they came out of their PokeBalls...aren't they?

ZanGo

pokemon maverick
    Years
    for me....pokemon has a ton of replay game value..it can be played over and over and remade over and over(as long as they keep adding new stuff...) i'm playing it and currently in mt. moon with my charmander, mankey, pikachu and magikarp(yea, i bought it and it's at level 10 now...)

as for the rom well....my friends tell that it lags soooo much..dunno why, anyone got a solution for it?(she asked me to ask you guys...)

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
    eeeeeeee okay they've grown on me a lot since I first started playing them.

maybe it was just because I was sick and feeling all bleehh on sunday when I picked them up, so I was like "=_= aasidnaosidaeisias not satisfactory!" but now I'm starting to like them a lot. :D

they aren't exactly the same as the originals, but they're pretty close. and that's good enough for me~ plus I'm getting over the small text issue (slowly >> but I am) and I guess I just didn't like the music at first because I saw nothing wrong with the old music and felt it didn't need even those subtle changes, I dunno. I'm wishy-washy, what can I say. o_o

but thumbs up overall! disregard any initial "=_=" feelings XD

shark3019875

dragonair trainer
    Years
    i think it is werid because on sliver gold and crystal you start in jhoto and then go to kanto but now they just got kanto i bet i didn't finish it yet but i bet they don't have jhotothey are slacking of and the fack that you have to go somewhere (in real life)to get 1 of the tickets is just plain wrong

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2007
    hello

yes there is a difference in the games because you can get an entai suicune and riku. you also get to go to new islands and get new pokemon such as {larvitar ladyb a and heracross } this little thingy istnt working

courtzzz15 said:
    i just got done playing the rom game and i thought frankly that it sucked...(sorry if that is foul language oops just delete it :shocked: :dead: ) it is just a remake of the pokemon red, yellow and blue ok maybe not exactly like yellow because a pikachu doesn't follow you around but hey it is exact pretty much... i want to know what the differences are other than the graphics are different and so what wow it's in color :\ ! there are a few new quotes from the people but not much... i thought it was a complete redo... i can walk right through the game without a problem because i know red yellow and blue versions so well :nervous: ... i noticed however the man in viridian doesn't ask you if you are in a hurry anymore so i figure you can't do the missingo thing anymore i dunno. :( .. is any of the new pokemon in these versions of leaf and fire or no?!? if not i am not goin to go through with my purchase of them... o man let me know what you people think... i love pkmn but geez those game producers could have came up with somethin better... P.S: anyone know where i can get an emerald version ROM online??? bye for now :\ :nervous:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back