• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So I did an experiment...

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    on Wi-Fi...

I have both parties in my trainer cards uploaded into PBR. I made one the male cool-trainer and the other one the female. Both dressed in all of their black outfiting (Yes yes yes before anyone says anything...)

I did ten battles each, I won all 10 battles with my non-uber team (a few of which I could have easily lost), but I was the girl. I was the guy, lost a few with my uber team...

Now this is also where it gets funny... I requested a friend pass from all 20 people I battled and all 10 from the girls battles I got, but I got less than half of the male...

Anyone else see a pattern?

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Maybe they don't want the friend pass of someone using ubers. :P

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Then why did I still win all of the battles as the girl? Like I said I could have lost a few of those easily...

Ichida

Years
    Because your non-ubers were obviously better trained, right? You probably got lucky and ran into some weaker opponents.

If you're hinting at the trainer gender causing the difference, don't even go there. I don't know anyone who would hold back because the trainer character is a girl, when most of them are just guys who'd rather watch a ten year old girl toss around Pokeballs.

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    True enough...

I still thought it was funny...

Ichida

Years
    Keep in mind there are a lot of stupid people playing PBR who don't know EVs from Eevees. It isn't exactly hard to topple an enemy like that, even when they've got you cornered but are too stupid to strike a proper killing blow. That's happened to me more than once.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Keep in mind there are a lot of stupid people playing PBR who don't know EVs from Eevees. It isn't exactly hard to topple an enemy like that, even when they've got you cornered but are too stupid to strike a proper killing blow. That's happened to me more than once.

Ahh, the fun of multiplayer... That's one thing I can say about the game. You can take out your frustrations on people that really get under your skin. If they act stupid, then just let them kill themselves.

Siigari

NU Addict
    Years
    Pz them at the start.. then when you've got one Poke left at 2 HP and they've got two Pokes left, ka-pow, let the strategy sink in ;D

fearow23

You know, that guy on T.V.
    Years
    Pz them at the start.. then when you've got one Poke left at 2 HP and they've got two Pokes left, ka-pow, let the strategy sink in ;D

Happens to me all the time. What really cheezes me off though is when you do that and they turn off the Wii so they don't have a loss.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Which is really stupid, because it's not like it keeps track of wins and losses. I myself take my losses, sometimes even forfeiting if it's just too far gone. I'd rather have the opportunity of getting my opponent's Friend Pass than stupidly having to wait for the game to come back on and reconnect and all that jazz. There is stuff you get for getting so many Friend Passes. the game doesn't care how many of your battles you actually win.

fearow23

You know, that guy on T.V.
    Years
    Which is really stupid, because it's not like it keeps track of wins and losses. I myself take my losses, sometimes even forfeiting if it's just too far gone. I'd rather have the opportunity of getting my opponent's Friend Pass than stupidly having to wait for the game to come back on and reconnect and all that jazz. There is stuff you get for getting so many Friend Passes. the game doesn't care how many of your battles you actually win.

Yes, but how can you get their friend pass if they turn off their game? I try to collect as much as possible, besides quitting like that shows one of the things I hate the most, poor sportsmanship.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    My point is why turn off the game? you get nothing out of it except a hassle. Take your losses, it's not like the game keeps track. Then you can try for their friendpass afterward. to turn off the game just to avoid a loss, to me, is stupidity. Because when they do that, you get the same result. the guy who DCed knew he was going to lose, the guy who they DCed against knew their opponent ran like a coward. So in the end you still basically lost.you just didn't get the chance to add another friend pass to your collection. and by then they wouldn't want the friend pass of a cowardly DCing idiot.

Back