• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So I finished AS...

r0gues4int

Arquero Esmeralda
    Years
    Hey, my name is r0gues4int and I have like a month playing pokemon Alpha Sapphire. I finished the Main Story, defeated the league, been playing a little bit on Battle Resort, finished Delta Episode.

But now I'm lost. I want to get into competitive play. A friend gave me a whole new pokemon set for online battling and for resort, but I wanna train more pokemon and stuff, learn about breed.

But there is a lot of info out there and I get lost, I would like to know if you can guide me.

Thank you, guys!

RawrMonkey

bloop
    Years
    Make sure you know the basics before getting into competitive. Learn about EVs, IVs, natures, and abilities for starters.

There are multiple guides on literally everything out there but feel free to ask questions here.

Then-

Do you know what meta you want to play?

VGC is the official competitive rule set by Pokemon themselves. They usually have the very simple stuff on their website somewhere, you can try looking around the video game section. Nuggetbridge is a community website dedicated to VGC where you'll find the most help for this meta.

Smogon has a bunch of different ones (OU, NU, UU, etc.) that they try to keep balanced. You can expect these metas to change from time to time as new bans are introduced. Just head over to their website, it's pretty easy to get into as they provide almost everything that you need through their main website, forums, and showdown. Also Smogon is far more "relaxing" than VGC, as it's more friendly competitive rather than official competitive.

If your friend gave you Pokemon for battling online/maison and you want to get into Battle Spot rankings.. well only Special Battle (VGC16) and Double Battle (VGC15) have info out there. Maybe some Japanese websites are dedicated to the other BS metas but I dunno lol.

Once you figure that out and learn the basics, find your resources and then you can start working towards making a team.

Back