• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So I had this Idea

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    You know how on Pokemon Showdown, You can choose to do a random battle? What if there was a feature in the future that allowed to to register 1-5 "Battle Boxes" with a new Random Battle feature, If you battle someone with this feature, it'll pick six random Pokemon from these "Battle Boxes" and you would have to battle with them. What do you guys think?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Bumpbadump.

I'll be looking into how "Team Randbats" can be made soon, which is similar to your idea. Contrary to how regular Randbats generates teams from a single pool of Pokemon, Team Randbats would have different pools of Pokemon to choose from for each team. e.g. A player could get a rain team one battle, or a sun team the next. Of course, this isn't exactly your idea in the sense that players can't make custom pools/boxes of Pokemon for this without having to jump through hoops. Instead, I would have to implement them directly into our server's code and update it accordingly when people want them changed. Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to allow players to do it themselves without having to go through that. It would require quite a bit of coding that I'm not able to do. :(

Back