• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So I just read Volumes 1-4 for the first time...

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
Years
  • I've decided I'm going to read all the way through. I found it interesting how the gym leaders were split up into good and evil. I'm interested to see what the Elite Four wants with Red. Green is a manipulative whore but I love her to death. There was just one thing I didn't get...

Through out the entire first four volumes, why in blazes (especially on the last battle of the pokemon league) did Red not get disqualified or anything for using more then one pokemon at a time. I mean seriously, his last attack against charizard was venasaur's vine whip, poliwrath's water gun, and pikachu's thunder...

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    It's the manga.....the rules of the games don't apply to them and it makes the battling so much cooler.....

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    It's the manga.....the rules of the games don't apply to them and it makes the battling so much cooler.....
    Indeed, if you keep reading you'll see sometime character even use 6 pkm for one battle.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • that rocks so hard. i agree it is more interesting and awesome. and i love how, for some reason, the point of pokemon battles seem to be to KILL the opponent trainer not jst knock out the other pokemon...

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Through out the entire first four volumes, why in blazes (especially on the last battle of the pokemon league) did Red not get disqualified or anything for using more then one pokemon at a time. I mean seriously, his last attack against charizard was venasaur's vine whip, poliwrath's water gun, and pikachu's thunder...
    Well, to be fair, in that case Venusaur was just channeling the residue of Pikachu's and Poliwrath's attacks that got left up at the ceiling. It's sorta like one Pokémon using Sunny Day, getting fainted, then another Pokémon using a powered-up Fire Blast because of it. Also, the comic and games don't entirely match, as pointed out.

And I have to agree that the violence content is probably a part of why Special is still so popular- it makes the battles more realistic, at least as much as they could be under the circumstances. It's hard to argue that a series is "kiddy" when you have Magmars and Arbok getting cut in half or the like.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • And I have to agree that the violence content is probably a part of why Special is still so popular- it makes the battles more realistic, at least as much as they could be under the circumstances. It's hard to argue that a series is "kiddy" when you have Magmars and Arbok getting cut in half or the like.

when I saw Koga's Arbok get cut in half... i nearly cried... someone finally put something that would actually happen if a scyther sliced another pokemon into pokemon. I've also noticed that some of the jokes can get pretty adulterated... like blue hiding pokeballs on her chest and making them look like big boobs and then ripping her shirt to release them...

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2017
    Yeah lol, the manga battles are more interesting and the rules are different.

If you've noticed it looks like one of the rules is that if one of your pokemon faints, you lose the match. I thought that was an interesting rule. everyone always switches out before their pokemon faints.

Back