• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So I tied my hair into my first ever ponytail today...

User19sq

...For a grand total of less-than-two inches before the band fell off! I can apparently do the same with my yet-to-be-shaven beard! XD

My hair's got volume; thicke. Like Harry Potter, Topher Grace, Bruce Lee, and Simon Blackquil all got together and had a love-child for the ages. Anybody got interesting hair tibits? Tricks? Tips?

Posting cuz I'm into ponytail girls.

Years
  • Tip: When brushing or combing long hair, start at the tips, don't start at the scalp. Work your way up by making sure the ends aren't tangled first.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I have to put my hair in a ponytail before I go work out or it's a total mess by the time I'm done. My hair is super long, though, so that could be part of the reason why. That's not really a trick or a tip but it's more or less relative, I guess c:

Years
  • I recently started wearing my hair up too and I have to say it takes some getting used to lmao. I keep trying to lie down or lean back on things forgetting that there's something hanging of the back of my head that makes that extremely uncomfortable.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Fashion topics are better suited in the Mall, so here we are!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I recently started wearing my hair up too and I have to say it takes some getting used to lmao. I keep trying to lie down or lean back on things forgetting that there's something hanging of the back of my head that makes that extremely uncomfortable.
    Do you tie the top part or bottom part of the mane up

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • When I had a glorious, lustrous mane of hair that reached below my collarbone, I would always wear it free, with no bands or whatever. It was the way it looked better really. I only pushed part of it (whatever was above the ear level, leaving the hair on the back of my head free) back into a samurai bun when I needed to get the hair off my face for whatever I was doing, such as cooking, playing football, or messing with stuff in the lab.

But I cut that fabulous mane a few weeks ago, now it's the plain old medium length. It's much more manageable though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    The top because I'm not a heavy metal frontman.
    but have you considered

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I can do a ponytail but not cute, not strong. I can't do anything with my hair but only because I am not able to, I suck at girly things >.< I see many girls doing amazing buns, high ponytails, or just some braids. I can only brush my hair and straightn them.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I actually tie my hair with 2 ponytails. One on the higher part of the back of my hair and the other on the lower part of my hair. Sounds weird as hell, but it looks good on me. Haven't cut my hair in 2 years and it's kinda getting a hassle to maintain especially with my job. I was thinking of shaving the side of my head and just keeping the middle part.

Oh yea, I'm a guy btw.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2017
    I also bought ponytail hair extensions recently. Like to experiment with different hairstyles

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • I rarely wear my hair up. I only have to when I go to work. And even then it's horrid. I don't think I look good in them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    When I had a glorious, lustrous mane of hair that reached below my collarbone, I would always wear it free, with no bands or whatever. It was the way it looked better really. I only pushed part of it (whatever was above the ear level, leaving the hair on the back of my head free) back into a samurai bun when I needed to get the hair off my face for whatever I was doing, such as cooking, playing football, or messing with stuff in the lab.

But I cut that fabulous mane a few weeks ago, now it's the plain old medium length. It's much more manageable though.

That sounds cool! :) I like the long hair for men too, I'm thinking about growing mine in the future too :) And I like buns, I really don't understand why so many people don't accept the man buns {XD} I think that they look cool and masculine, here's on StyleMann many good examples of them :) Samurai bun is one of my favourite, as also the ones with short sides :)

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • My hair is long on top and pretty short on the sides. I recently cut it to about 4 inches on top, but it used to be over a foot long on top. I was able to do a bun, though I never did. A tip for those with long, extremely thin hair like me: USE. CONDITIONER. IT WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR SO SOFT IT FEELS LIKE AN ANGELS NEST ON YOUR HEAD.

User19sq

My hair keeps making bends at the ends that makes it asymmetrical. Like a curl, going into a wave. Basically the back of my head is the same as Silver's hair behind his head from GSC.

I can't use a straightener, so any ideas to make it more symmetrical?

Back